PDA

View Full Version : Brake Controler??

FBJR
10-20-2006, 18:58
I have a new D/A with the factory tow package and am looking at a 20ft Toyhauler type trailer, bumper pulled. About 7k lbs worth.

With all the fancy electronics does the 06 have the trailer brake controler built in?

I tried a search but didn't find much.

If not built in which I really doubt, can you recommend a good one? Last one I put in was over 20 years back and fed off the brake line.

THX, FB

More Power
10-21-2006, 10:52
The newest GMT-900 2007 model-year HD trucks due out in January come with an integrated factory trailer brake controller (thanks to Ford for offerng it in their 2006 trucks :) ).

Jim

BozDMAX
10-21-2006, 15:21
I believe I heard that the Ford controller is a proportional (to the brake pedal) controller and not an inertial controller.

Any idea what type mechanism is on the Chevy?

More Power
10-22-2006, 01:20
To quote GM:

New Silverado and Sierra heavy-duty trucks are now available with an integrated trailer brake controller. It is integrated with the ABS system and provides immediate and measured brake force signaling to electric controlled trailer brake systems. As it is fully integrated with the vehicle's ABS and electric systems, there is no requirements for external and/or aftermarket brake control systems - response is simultaneous with the application of the vehicle brakes. The trailer brake controller is located at the lower-left of the instrument panel.

Jim

FBJR
10-22-2006, 02:32
Great, but I still need a controller. Looks like the Jordan is the best.

FB

BozDMAX
10-22-2006, 05:27
Having used both the Prodigy and the Jordan, I tend to prefer the Jordan. But you won't be able to find one until the spring in all likelihood. Camco Mfg bought out Jordan and they are re-engineering the Jordan Ultima to work with adjustable pedals.

Two weeks ago (when my Jordan broke) I had Camco scanning their entire customer list looking for a replacement for me and there don't appear to be any available anywhere.

The Prodigy is a good controller, hookup is pretty easy, adjustment less so.

I may even have one for sale come spring if you still need one then.

FBJR
10-24-2006, 01:38
Thanks, I was looking for a Jordan after some reading but no one has any!!

The Prodigy was recommended local so that may have to do and will probably suit my needs fine.

Thanks for the offer, but doubt I will make it to spring!!! :eek:

FB

Pewter Max
11-08-2006, 21:36
I bought one of the 07s a couple of weeks ago without brake controller - do you think it would possible or practicle to add the factory controller to it ?
I now have a Prodigy and it is OK .