PDA

View Full Version : Is Mobil 1 Syn Tranny fluid ok in '06 tranny

upsguy
10-21-2006, 08:06
I know it's dex III compatible, but manual says use dex VI. I just found out dex VI is semi-syn and Mobil is fully syn. I was wandering if this would make a difference.

jbplock
10-22-2006, 03:38
Good question... A quart of M1-ATF that I bought recently says it meets DEX-III H spec but no mention of DEX-IV .. I entered the question "Will M1-ATF be certified for the DEX-IV spec?" on the M1 website ... will post their the answer here when recieved ...

:)

upsguy
10-22-2006, 22:00
Just found a source in my town that sells Transynd and has allison spin on filter for 8.35+tax (Inland Truck Parts). I think I'll use Transynd to refill the filter and to fill up pan when I install my Mag-Hytec deep tranny pan, unless I find out that I shouldn't mix Transynd with whats currently in tranny.

DmaxMaverick
10-22-2006, 23:13
If you are concerned about the Dex III/VI designation, careful with Transynd. At this time, it IS NOT Dex VI compatible. It will probably be OK, but still, it is not any more compatible (according to the labeling) than any off-the-shelf Dex III. Once the Dex VI use is widespread, I have no doubt Transynd, and other synthetics/nons, will carry the Dex VI rating.

jbplock
10-23-2006, 16:15
... entered the question "Will M1-ATF be certified for the DEX-IV spec?" on the M1 website ...

Here's the answer ...

"Thank you for your inquiry,
I do not have any official word on the release of the DexronVI
product however, I anticipate Mobil will have the synthetic ATF
certified for the Dexron VI sometime in 2007."

:)

rvfool
02-11-2010, 14:05
Mobil 1 now makes a fully syn dexron VI