PDA

View Full Version : Injectors - Second time a charm???

GadgetBoy
10-23-2006, 16:56
Well, my 2001 DMax is at the dealer again. Back at 66K it dumped the fuel tank through the crankcase. Dealer replaced all the injectors and I took in new filters and oil (Amsoil HDD & bypass filters). Late on the way home today, 97K (5yrs2months old) it felt a little rough. When I turned off the highway onto my road there is an immediate hill and the truck knocked and was blowing serious amounts of smoke on the hill. I limped over the hill and coasted into the driveway. Drained the fuel filter, no water or slime. Checked the crankcase, no excess level and nothing unusual. Bled the filter and started back up just long enough to hear the sickening knock and shut it down. Called the dealer and they sent the wrecker out to haul it in. This sucks that the truck has had another failure. I thought the replacement injectors were supposed to be better than the originals. No box or anything!

On the flip side, my wifes '01, has 106K on it. Gets fuel at the same station I do, same service intervals and same filters/oil/f-filter/etc and Hers is purring along happily.

Mark Rinker
10-24-2006, 14:19
Bummer. Hope that this round of new injectors takes care of your problems.

GadgetBoy
10-28-2006, 06:59
Service Manager called me late last night. They replaced 1 injector that had failed, test drove and checked for more codes. I was out of town so we decided to have them park it out on their lot and lock the key in it so I could pick it up after i got back. Well, it drove well from the dealer home. It was late and I was too tired to try and take it for an extended test drive. That will happen today.