PDA

View Full Version : Heath's Stage 3

DA BIG ONE
10-24-2006, 16:07
Looking to get feedback from those of you who have gone w/Heath's stage 3 setup, an IC and larger exhaust.

What boost level are you happy with?
EGT's pre turbo @ WOT?
How about IAT @ WOT?

Mark Rinker
10-24-2006, 19:34
I have run all but the intercooler, with good results. Great power with only slight reduction in fuel mileage over stock while towing. Fuel mileage probably better when driving empty.

Can only imagine that the intercooler would be better. I can't easily fit them in with the snow plow mounts the truck uses, and don't use the trucks enough to merit the cost and complexity of installation.

I think you could do a little better with a 3 1/2" exhaust, if I recall correctly the one Heath sells is only 3".

cudaaa
10-24-2006, 20:44
I have Bills stage three on my 95 2500. I would not trade it, by far the best money I have spent. Bill has A 4" exhaust that would be great all so. My truck had Kennedys 3.5" exhaust already on it when I bought the truck & it works well. I pull a open car & trailor about 6000lbs & it does a great job doing that. Bill will go out of his way to make sure your happy & he won't sell you something you don't need! Hope this helps. cudaaa

DA BIG ONE
10-25-2006, 03:22
I have the stage 3 already w/3" freeflow exhaust and ultraflow round race muffler, great setup. I can only run maybe 13+psi boost for very short periods (egt's climb)because the GM-8 starts to super heat the aircharge @ higher boost levels eventhough egt's are stable @ 1k before turbine.

Bill tell's me his new 4" will help quite a bit so I'll be installing that soon.

Hopefully, those who are tinkering w/better turbo setup will finally tell us it works and can be had through them.

Mark Rinker
10-26-2006, 05:05
I found that about 12psi boost and ground speed to maintain 980 degrees post turbo EGTs worked well for my truck with 3" exhaust. Most loads like you've described would have been pulled about 63mph, or 1900rpm.