PDA

View Full Version : Used Six Gun, Power PDA, Ram Air for sale

KWComp
10-25-2006, 13:48
Hi guys, I just sold my LLY and picked up an LBZ. I pulled all of my Banks parts off the truck and I have them listed on ebay. Item # 230042680812

The parts consist of the Six Gun, Power PDA Docking Station, The Palm Tungsten E2, and a complete Banks Ram Air System. I had them on my truck for about 8 months, bought them all new. Starting bid on ebay is $800 for the whole deal. If anyones interested you can reach me at kwhaley4@comcast.net

Thanks..KW

Mark Rinker
10-25-2006, 14:09
Would you buy and install the Banks bundle if you had it to do over again? What was your experience like? Did you run stock exhaust, or...?

Also, I moved this thread under the Classifeds. You might want to create a new thread under the 'Duramax Diesel Performance Shop' section to point people to your classified ad...

KWComp
10-26-2006, 06:21
Would you buy and install the Banks bundle if you had it to do over again? What was your experience like? Did you run stock exhaust, or...
I thought the Banks system was very well put together. I actually had the complete 6 gun package with the Exhaust and the CAT eliminating turbo down pipe. I left the exhaust on the truck when I traded it in (except the down pipe, put the CATS back on to trade it in). My previous truck was an LB7 and I had the Edge Juice and Attitude on that. The Banks system seemed to smoke less, power was comparable but I got better fuel milage out of the LB7. I dont think that had anything to do with the computers though becuase stock to stock my LB7 got better fuel milage than the LLY. I dont do any racing, mainly pull my 36', 13000 lb Fith wheel with the trucks so speed wise I dont have much to share. When it comes out, I will be putting the Banks on my LBZ. Primary reason being I liked the interface of the PDA and I never had a problem with any part of the Banks. I had some Display issues with my Attitude and a friend of mine with an LLY Attitude also has display as well as thermolcouple issues.

Also, I moved this thread under the Classifeds. You might want to create a new thread under the 'Duramax Diesel Performance Shop' section to point people to your classified ad...

Noted, I ll add a thread over there. Thanks for the tip.

KWComp
10-26-2006, 06:27
One more thing for sale........... A Banks Stainless Turbo Down pipe to eliminate the CAT's. I dont have this listed on eBay, if someones interested make an offer.

DmaxMaverick
10-26-2006, 08:02
One more thing for sale........... A Banks Stainless Turbo Down pipe to eliminate the CAT's. I dont have this listed on eBay, if someones interested make an offer.

I didn't know, and haven't seen, a Banks downpipe. Are you sure this isn't the secondary transition pipe? A "downpipe" connects directly to the turbo. Several aftermarkets offer the secondary pipe, but they connect at the downpipe. If you have a true downpipe, we may have to get a closer look.

KWComp
10-26-2006, 11:15
I didn't know, and haven't seen, a Banks downpipe. Are you sure this isn't the secondary transition pipe? A "downpipe" connects directly to the turbo. Several aftermarkets offer the secondary pipe, but they connect at the downpipe. If you have a true downpipe, we may have to get a closer look.

Hmmmmmmmm, I am not sure I can honestly answer that without crawling under my truck to look. This is an L shaped pipe, connects to a cast piece at the back of the motorabout half way up and goes back to just past the trans cross member with a rectangular 4 bolt flange on the end. The end by the motor is flared and connects with a specialty clamp to the cast piece I mentioned before. This may sound stupid, but I never looked close enough to see if the cast piece it connected to was the impeller side of the turbo or just some intermediate piece. I had to special order it from Banks when I bought my kit and they made me verify that I would be using the truck for "off-road use only" LOL.

DmaxMaverick
10-26-2006, 13:20
That's the intermediate/transition pipe. The downpipe is the connection partway up the motor. There was a lot of misinformation/misunderstanding debate on this early on. I didn't want a repeat of that with folks that weren't around then. Thanks.

moose55
11-07-2006, 19:04
I am new to the Duramax world so please excuse my Questions. What years is the LLY engine. I am looking at buying a "02 GMC. Would your setup work for that truck?