PDA

View Full Version : Crossover pipe

cudaaa
10-26-2006, 17:59
Is there a differance between stock & the crossover pipes that heath & JK sell
I was just wondering if there are worth the price? Thanks cudaaa

Hubert
10-27-2006, 06:15
Witch one are you looking at the metal ones are I think both Heath and Kennedy's are smooth mandrel bends. The OEM one is crinkled on inside of bend.

If you are looking at ceramic coated thats another discussion and added feature.

I have heard exhaust pipes stainless steel gives a little more performance over aluminized steel ???

Its debatable how much gain a high performance cross over is. The ID of the exhaust flanges are smaller than the crinkled id of the OEM pipe. The gasses flowing in crossover are still compressed not like the down pipe where gasses are expanding being released from turbo back pressure and trying to flow out the rest of pipe (big difference in velocity when you compare Mass of gasses moving in flowrate at different pressures). Crossover only flows 4 cylinders not 8. Lastly crossover also is volume for exhaust to build pressure to operate turbo.

I would not spend money on high performance cross over if OEM one was good. I'd do other mods first. If OEM one needed replacing I probably would buy from them or similar.

You can search for other's opinions.

GMC Hauler
10-27-2006, 15:39
Heath's is made by stan's headers. I have one for the last 2 years. it is heavily rusted. I would buy Kennedy's, but it is coated with ceramics, and I don't want to drill into it to put the pyrometer in. However, I've seen walt's crossover is stainless, and the price is real good.

cudaaa
10-27-2006, 18:15
Who is Walt sorry can't place the name. Whats the link to his web page? Thanks Cudaaa

GMC Hauler
10-28-2006, 10:06
here's the link:

http://www.ssdieselsupply.com/