PDA

View Full Version : Restore ECM to stock

jporvaz
10-26-2006, 21:08
I purchased a used 04 Chev K2500HD DD several months ago from a dealer. Today I purchased a Superchips 2805 Flashpaq tuner and attempted to tune the truck. The result was that the tuner says the stock tune is not stock. Therefore I am assuming that someone else tuned this truck and did not remove the tune when they traded it in. How can I restore the ECM to a stock tune so I can tune it with the SC flashpaq?

Thanks for any suggestions.

John

McRat
10-26-2006, 21:11
I purchased a used 04 Chev K2500HD DD several months ago from a dealer. Today I purchased a Superchips 2805 Flashpaq tuner and attempted to tune the truck. The result was that the tuner says the stock tune is not stock. Therefore I am assuming that someone else tuned this truck and did not remove the tune when they traded it in. How can I restore the ECM to a stock tune so I can tune it with the SC flashpaq?

John

If you know someone with a Tech2, they can flash over the top. EFILive will over-write it as well.

McRat
10-26-2006, 21:17
PS - Pretty much all dealers have Tech2's. You can pay them to "reflash" the truck to stock. Technically the selling dealer should do it for free. So do most the "custom tuning" guys around the country and Canada. Europe or Australia will be a bit harder, you'll most likely have to take out your ECM and send it to someone.

McRat
10-26-2006, 21:23
PSS - I do this for folk in SoCal. Have Tech2 won't travel. ;)

Bobo
10-26-2006, 21:26

John

Where do you live? I can find someone near you to help you.

jporvaz
10-27-2006, 04:40
I live in Chandler, AZ. The shop that I purchase most my stuff from (Bartling Enterprises, Queen Creek, AZ) might be able to reflash for me..... I won't know until about 8 AM AZ time.

Bobo, if you know of a shop that could do it, I would appreciate the assistance. I'd rather not have to go to the dealer.

Thank you.

John

superchips tuner
10-27-2006, 06:43
You can have it done by the local GM dealer.
Ron

jporvaz
10-27-2006, 10:35
To all who replied- Thank you.
I contacted the retailer I bought the truck from and they have a Tech2 and can/will restore the stock files to the ECM.

Thank you.

John