PDA

View Full Version : New Garrett

More Power
10-27-2006, 15:44
[CENTER][CENTER][B][FONT=Times New Roman]HONEYWELL LAUNCHES NEW GARRETT

McRat
10-28-2006, 10:35
I've seen this kit. It's a wastegated GT37 for LB7's using a T-3 mount. Very professionally done. No other kit on the market for Dmaxes is as complete and well made.

This would be an excellent choice for towing if your stock charger has failed.

McRat
10-28-2006, 11:00
I would like to point out though that their 440hp number needs a little explaining.

You will not get 140hp increase in a LB7 by just changing chargers. Tuning will be required.

440hp is a crankshaft reading.

This charger will most likely support over 550rwhp (rear wheel HP is about 20% less than crankshaft reading). Tuning only will net between 500-550.

So what does this all mean? When you run a moderate tune with this charger, it will survive at WOT when towing using 440hp.

With big tunes and short bursts of acceleration like drag racing or sled pulling, you can run more tuning and make much more power.

It is not a "full race" charger, and is not intended as such.

A stock Allison transmission will only handle about 325rwhp reliably (~390 crank HP), so you will not want to run a very big tune with this charger if you have not modified your transmission.

killerbee
11-02-2006, 08:55
I've seen this kit. It's a wastegated GT37 for LB7's using a T-3 mount. Very professionally done. No other kit on the market for Dmaxes is as complete and well made.

This would be an excellent choice for towing if your stock charger has failed.

I just got all confused. What is in the LB7 now?

Mark Rinker
11-09-2006, 06:16
I have two LB7s with lots of miles. Would upgrading the turbo increase my likelihood of piston or ring wear - or is the boost level similar with improved volumetric efficiency? What could I expect from a driveability point of view?

Mark Rinker
03-31-2007, 13:06
Has anyone installed one of these kits? Reactions?