PDA

View Full Version : Skid Plates

MikeyB
10-28-2006, 16:05
Well my hunting saga in the Colorado mountains continues. While chained up on the front wheels I did scrape the rear differential on a rock due to the extremely deep mud. Does anyone make aftermarket skid plates for the *500HD's? The engine pan seems fairly well protected but I don't know if anyone has rear differential skid plates.

Mike

trbankii
10-28-2006, 18:17
Might start someplace like this:
http://www.bluetorchfab.com/oscomm/catalog/index.php?cPath=35

Also, put your rig in your signature line so that we know what you have and can advise accordingly.

et
11-09-2006, 12:33
Try RokArmor at lightracing.com. Be prepared for sticker shock. These are made for work not show.

colt49
11-16-2006, 13:32
Try the guys at skidrowauto.com they make and sell real skidplates and they are not priced to high considering what steel is selling for now and what your time costs to make your own. The other option is find some scrap and make your own just torch it out weld it up and paint it black or grey. 3/16'' is good thickness for skids with solid bolt up points on your skid layout. ARB makes skids for lots of rigs out of Austrailia but fab stuff in Seattle area I think it is. They have great products though.