PDA

View Full Version : Where these wires going to?

bill57
10-29-2006, 08:26
I found connector burned at a sensor bottom passenger side of the block and it has 2 wires to it. A green one and a orange with black strip one.All my gauges are working on instrument panel. I just want to know where the lead to?
Thank You

gmctd
10-29-2006, 10:06
Nothing in that general area where a sensor would be - the colors are similar to the fast-idle sensor, located rear of passenger-side head just behind #8 exhaust port.

Green wire to HPCA solenoid inside the IP, and to fast idle solenoid on driver's-side.

Orange\black is power

moondoggie
10-30-2006, 07:16
Good Day!

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. :)

Blessings!

john8662
11-01-2006, 15:09
If this is on the side of the head (not one a plate) then it's for the HPCA, and fast idle solenoid. Check the condition of the green wire on the injection pump, where it runs to the pump and to the fast idle solenoild. Frequently, the wires get too close to the air cleaner housing, causing a short. Which could explain your burned/damaged wire/connector.

Ditto on what Moon said above, update the signature with your vehicle info.

J