PDA

View Full Version : Sticking power window help needed

TurboDiverArt
06-30-2004, 02:16
Hi All,

I have a 99 Suburban K2500 TD. It

ttpost
06-30-2004, 08:33
i have 94 and it is starting to do the same thing, but i have heard something about a recall on these but i am not sure what years, i havent checked it out yet. hows your camaro coming, i am working on a 67 rs/ss convertible and a 68 "plain jane" right now good luck

TurboDiverArt
07-01-2004, 02:31
Originally posted by ttpost:
i have 94 and it is starting to do the same thing, but i have heard something about a recall on these but i am not sure what years, i havent checked it out yet. hows your camaro coming, i am working on a 67 rs/ss convertible and a 68 "plain jane" right now good luck I temporarily got my windows working. All were sticking but the drivers had not worked in a few days. I pulled the switch out, wiggled the wires but it did not help. I then beat it a little with a screwdriver and the windows are now working. Time will tell but for now they are working.

My Camaro has been complete for almost 12 years. Took me almost that amount of time to complete it, I've owned it since 1983. Mines a complete stock restoration. Only things that are not stock are the battery, radial tires and I don't have the AIR (smog) pump installed.

I always wanted to do a 1967 ss/rs convertible myself. Actually any RS convertible would be cool. I don't have enough garage space now so that's not going to happen. I'm procrastinating selling my 18,000 mile street Grand National as we speak, I just need the garage space.

Art.

tom.mcinerney
07-01-2004, 17:24
" I then beat it a little with a screwdriver and the windows are now working."

Nice job.

I replaced mine with a switch from dealer. Then i found there are aftermarket replacements [help, etc] available, far cheaper. I'm new to electric windows, like manual. My switch was sticking in 'ON' position after releasing the button.