PDA

View Full Version : 6" Lift Kit for 2006 LBZ

Petrella
11-01-2006, 22:06
Hey everyone!, im looking to install a 6" lift kit on my 06, and was wondering if anyone knows where i can find a kit that can be bolted on without any welding, and my number one concern, a kit that does not require you to cut the differential housing. I have been looking on the internet at a bunch of lift kits but a lot require cutting the front diff, and i want to stay away from that, as i might want to bring my truck back to stock height one day. I have been looking at Skyjacker and Superlift, they seem to be the only 2 that dont require you to cut the front diff. Heres a link of a bunch of kits available for a 2500HD. http://www.rockymountainsusp.com/GM_IFS99.htm was wondering if anyone had experience with this and how the truck rides after the installation.
Cheers! Anthony
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
2006 GMC Sierra 4x4 CC SB
LBZ/6 speed
305 70R/16 tires on Eagle 16x10 rims
Chrome wire mesh grille
Alpine Stereo, Navigation, and flip down rear screen
Autometer Cobalt gauges
pics of my truck - http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?p=999&gid=12647120&uid=2685617&members=1

KenR
11-03-2006, 18:11
I've got a Tuff Country 6" lift on mine. Let a shop do the install and didn't worry about cutting the front differential. It rides as nice as stock (actually better with the Bilstein shocks and airbags) and I'm really pleased with the truck.

Why would you want to go to the trouble and expense of returning it to stock height?

Petrella
11-03-2006, 21:15
Ken, i want to go with the tuff country, but as i went through the installation instructions it shows you have to cut the top mount off the differential. You mean the installer never cut yours? what did he do instead to resolve the clearance issue?

KenR
11-04-2006, 13:17
Sorry, I wasn't clear on my post. The shop that did the install on my truck did cut the differential and it didn't bother me because I have no intentions of ever returning the truck to stock.