PDA

View Full Version : Dead spot before shifting

Vet
11-02-2006, 13:59
On my '05 Duramax with Edge A2 on Level 4 if you push the truck very hard it will experience a cut-out or a dead spot. The Load will show over 90% and the truck will be accellerating good when this occures. Any ideas?

DmaxMaverick
11-02-2006, 14:31
Sounds like normal defueling. You can disable this, but at the cost of tranny parts.

mark45678
11-02-2006, 19:58
There was times where my lly with juice set on 90 hp that the turbo would spool down because of how long and how much juice backs down at up shifts. I would say if your feeling the same thing at the 2-3 shift and the 3-4 shift, At times mine would even have a bark out of the intake wher the turbo would blow boost back threw the aircleaner. When it would do this it would lay right down and maybe take 2~3 seconds to start making power again. It never harmed any thing and did it for 70,000 miles. I talked to Edge on tuesday they have some update that they wanted me to test for them ..... to bad I sold the truck last Feb! I would expect that what they are working on could be had if you talked to them.

Kennedy
11-03-2006, 07:23
Some will be worse than others. This can be cured in programming though as my tuning will click thru without hesitation. The other thing to watch is fuel filter restriction and consider fuel lift pump(s) to improve fuel supply to the injection pump. I have had a LOT of LLY owners come forward with fuel supply issues when running boxes like the Edge and my twin pumps are what I prescribe...

Vet
11-08-2006, 11:43
The truck has done it at times under less of a load (70%). If I don't change the filter at least by 7-10,000 miles this problem appears to be worse. The boost stick helped give more power on the bottom end, but the dead spot up on higher RPM's is still present.

gfd464
11-08-2006, 12:34
Check you computer harness connections one of them might be loose, That happened to me, on my 06

More Power
11-08-2006, 13:59
I tried a half dozen different performance products in an attempt to get shifts to happen without defueling. It took a performance transmission to solve the problem. With a stock trans, defueling between shifts at higher power levels causes power to even drop below what it does with stock power. You can see two comparative graphs in the recent ATS Allison (http://www.thedieselpage.com/reviews/atstrans.htm) review that demonstate the defueling between shifts, both at stock power and with additional power.

Jim

Vet
11-08-2006, 16:24
I just went and set the A2 to defuel on shifts. Driving the same way it appeared to not have as severe a "miss", but still had the problem.
It will do it between 3-4, 4-5 and 5-lockup.