PDA

View Full Version : Finally--a tuning solution

ECMProgrammer
11-02-2006, 21:25
Westers Garage is pleased to announce our second tuning product for the public--the OBD1 1994-1995 GM 6.5 Turbo Diesel Tuner. Although the 6.5Turbo diesel has been around for almost 12 years, there hasn't been a tuning solution until now.

Our first release has all DTC's listed for enabling and disabling, all necessary fueling tables, boost tables, trans shift tables, lockup and line pressure editing--as well as the available parameters for raising speed limiting and rev limiting.:D

Call 1-888-WESTER-1 for details, and we'll send information on this innovation for the diesel market right away. Although this software is moreso geared to the diesel performance shop, it's still affordable for the DIY'er--with no limitations to number of eproms you can write your customized programs to.

gmctd
11-03-2006, 06:41
Very good news, indeed, thanks.

ECMProgrammer
11-03-2006, 07:36
Very good news, indeed, thanks.

We'd been working on it for a long time...and actually already supply a number of your favorite venders--but it was time to go a bit further. I know you guys will love it.

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

Cowracer
11-03-2006, 07:53
Will this have any ability to set the TDC Offset, or is it only for modifying the parameters stored in the chip?

Tim

ECMProgrammer
11-03-2006, 07:59
That's a scan tool item...this is a software editing package...not a scan tool package. You'll need to use a scan tool in conjunction with this to optimize the calibration you're working with.

I'll post some screen shots right away...

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

ECMProgrammer
11-03-2006, 08:27
Screen shots will be at www.ecmprogrammer.com

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

AndyL
11-03-2006, 10:15
Thanks! How about us OBDII guys? I'm ready to tune my 99!

ECMProgrammer
11-03-2006, 14:57
The OBD2 product is being worked on...we wanted to finish OBD1 first.

Thanks for your interest!

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

AndyL
11-03-2006, 15:21
The OBD2 product is being worked on...we wanted to finish OBD1 first.

Thanks for your interest!

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

Thanks again, any time frame guess? I won't hold you to it :)

GMC Hauler
11-03-2006, 18:44
Neat... I'd really like to delay the lockup time of the converter in crusing situations...

ECMProgrammer
11-03-2006, 22:04
I'm hoping to have OBD2 finished early in the new year...OBD1 is selling now, and we're adding things our customers want. Lockup in 2nd gear is now a possibility. Earlier shifts, later shifts, you can tailor anything you wish.

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

oilburnertoo
11-04-2006, 08:32
Is this software programmer for the DIY'er or does one have to have programming knowledge, also does it hook up to the ALDL connector or do you need to remove the Eprom chip from the ECM?
TIA

ECMProgrammer
11-04-2006, 08:40
1994-1995 were PROM based, so yes--you must remove the EPROM from the computer. Very simple to do this...next you'll need an EPROM burner and eraser for any high volume. You'd use the EPROM burner to read your original calibration...save it...copy it...(DON"T LOSE IT). You then use our software package to edit the contents. When you save the file, remember to change it's name--otherwise, you'll overwrite your original. When the file is saved, the
file is correctly formatted for your EPROM again.
You then must erase the original Eprom--so place your EPROM in a UV Eraser and expose it to the high frequency UV for around 10 minutes.

You're now ready to reprogram your EPROM, (without desoldering you need a couple row headers split)--and test out your changes in your truck.

Lyndon.:cool:

ECMProgrammer
11-04-2006, 17:00
BTW--for you non-electronic injection pump 6.2 and 6.5 guys, you can edit your TCM for linepressure, shifts and lockup. This is included in the package for OBD1 (as well as many TBI, PFI and other PROM and MEMCAL type systems from 1987-1995).
I should have mentioned that earlier...

Lyndon;)
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

tommac95
11-06-2006, 10:01
Thanks Lyndon, sounds of interest.

I would like to limit the max RPMs to the low side of the tach redline, maybe 3700RPM ... because our NYS emissions test cranked mine up to 4300 a few times , which had a deleterious effect on the FuelInjectionPump. Since i never go over 3400 , i don't see a need for the test to.

Can your device enable me to set my max RPMs ?

Oh , additionally , is there a low-productivity option to do settings without an eprom burner/eraser?

TIA, t m.

ECMProgrammer
11-07-2006, 10:47
Thanks Lyndon, sounds of interest.

I would like to limit the max RPMs to the low side of the tach redline, maybe 3700RPM ... because our NYS emissions test cranked mine up to 4300 a few times , which had a deleterious effect on the FuelInjectionPump. Since i never go over 3400 , i don't see a need for the test to.

Can your device enable me to set my max RPMs ?

Oh , additionally , is there a low-productivity option to do settings without an eprom burner/eraser?

TIA, t m.

Not a problem--you can set up your engine maximum RPM wherever you like (to a point), as the physical limitation in the code is 4800 RPM...but who'd want to rev their diesel there anyways ! If you lower the maximum RPM, you must also rescale the trans WOT shift tables so the two don't conflict...but that's pretty easy to do with our software.
There's no known method to change the parameters without an eprom burner...so you'll need something that can burn and erase 27C512 Eproms.

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

qwomack
11-08-2006, 20:02
I'm hoping to have OBD2 finished early in the new year...OBD1 is selling now, and we're adding things our customers want. Lockup in 2nd gear is now a possibility. Earlier shifts, later shifts, you can tailor anything you wish.

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1

This is really GREAT news. Any idea what the cost is going to be?

ECMProgrammer
11-09-2006, 07:41
This is really GREAT news. Any idea what the cost is going to be?

The OBD2 6.5 will be a free upgrade to our existing OBD2 system--the OBD1 package price is as listed on our website.

Lyndon
www.ecmprogrammer.com
Westers Garage
1-888-WESTER-1