PDA

View Full Version : Uship tractor haul - heavy

Mark Rinker
11-03-2006, 04:37
I use www.uship.com to find backhauls, and sometimes even 'front-hauls' when things get slow. Found a 'two tractor roundtripper' in my region, so made a 750 mile thrash yesterday to pick up the first one near Green Bay and get it back here before deer opener this weekend.

What was to be a 'small loader tractor' turned out to hang off both sides of my trailer, using the entire 20' of deck. My total scale weight was a little shy of 26,000#. No problems pulling or stopping, but it did get some looks from other truck drivers.

Had to spank a few SUVs and F-150s uphill and off stoplights - just for fun, along the way home :)

Monday we'll take this one to Platte, SD drop south to Lincoln, NE for a JCB loader and return to Minneapolis after stopping to see my mom and dad north of Des Moines.

The things we'll do for $$$...

paoutdoorsman
11-03-2006, 19:16
Mark were you running the '02 with the Kennedy tow tune? If so, what are your impressions after haulin heavy?

Did you kick it into "haul-ass" for the said spankings?

Dana

Mark Rinker
11-06-2006, 04:41
Nope, the '01. Soon the '02 will get a gooseneck hitch and will see these loads as well. Its been pulling a 25' bumper hitch trailer all summer with pipe, wood, etc.