PDA

View Full Version : Can Anyone Recommend A Good Rhino Liner Dealer In The Tri-Stae Area (NY<NJ< CT< PA)?

GMDiesel
11-05-2006, 02:52
A friend is looking to have his van Rhino-Lined to protect the interior. Can anyone recommend a good Rhino Liner dealer in the Northeast? He is really looking for a quality job, as this van is a keeper for the long haul.

Has anyone here had a van Rhino Lined? If so, would you post some pics, please.

Also, if you may have an idea as to cost on an extended van from the accelerator pedal to the back door lip, wheel well high on the sides, plus side-door in-step.

Thanks!

markelectric
11-05-2006, 12:16
I will never use rino again. Had a mule bed done and the krap was falling off the tailgate in big pieces. Took the tailgate in for warranty, they denied it said only pickup beds were warrantied and then rudely told me to look at my invoice and I would see the exclusion. Turns out they forgot to write the exclusion on my recipt. They then said they would do the tailgate under warranty, but it would take 3 weeks to "work it in" the schedule. This is a piece that is about a foot by four and a half feet. I had the mule sold at that time and had agreed to get the repair done before the transfer. the future owner almost backed out at 5 weeks. At 6 1/2 weeks they finally had it done, probably because I was screaming at the main office of rhino EVERY day that I was waiting.

I have since bought a truck with a "Custom linings" liner and am better impressed with that than any rhino I have ever seen. Line-X is a similar product. these are sprayed on HOT and ready for use in hours not days as rino.

Sorry for the rant.....

trbankii
11-05-2006, 18:05
Agree with Mark - several friends have gone the Line-X route and been very pleased and I'm planning on using it myself. Rhino is just too soft for my taste.

Here is the place that has been doing the work:

Line-X of Central PA
02 Lumber Street,
Highspire, PA, 17034
Phone: (717) 986-1773
Email: line-xpa@comcast.net

davidstereo
11-17-2006, 15:17
I looked into the line-x and rhino it was pretty expensive for my truck. So I decided to buy a liner from O'reiley's auto parts and do it myself. I triple coated it, the directions only call for two coats. I have a long bed and the whole price was $130.00 to triple coat it that is better than 600.00 from one of the shops that do it for you. It was very easy to paint on and dried over night. I build decks and haul wood every day back there and the liner has held up real well so far, three months installed. If you ever have a chip in it it is only $30.00 for a small can of the stuff. Make sure you stir the stuff and don't try to use an electric paint can shaker, the thick part of the liner settles to the bottom of the can and sticks there very well. I learned that lesson the hard way. Also, be careful when you paint around the tape try not to get too much on the tape because you have to use a razor blade to make a straight line if you don't and could scratch your paint. Hope that helps, David

arveetek
11-17-2006, 16:40
I love my Rhino Liner. I had it sprayed on 8 years ago....August 1998. I haven't had a single problem with mine....it's extremely thick and durable. I've abused mine as well. In fact, the tailgate section is still in good shape, even after having a gooseneck trailer slip back into the tailgate (oops!) and having a torch get a bit too close to it when cutting some metal. No chunks missing or tears anywhere.

I think the product is excellent, and they're one of the first on the market. That doesn't prevent someone from doing a poor job of spraying it on, though, which goes back to the question of the original poster....

Casey