PDA

View Full Version : Banks Turbo hop ups

Stlheadake
11-11-2006, 09:18
I have a 'connection' that can get me the six gun or other Banks hop ups at a VERY (I mean VERY) good price. I haven't really noticed that many folks here using the equipment. Just wondered what folks thought about them.

I was looking at the power pack system with exhaust, intake, and tuner. How does it compare to the Edge with Attitude? I am towing a 34' fifth wheel 14K lbs and was looking for a little 'pick me up' in the power and mileage department.

I don't want to waste my money, but if I can get a deal I'll do it.

More Power
11-21-2006, 13:10
Banks produces some very good products. Some complete Duramax packages have been installed on local trucks that I know about, and as far as I know the owners are happy with the performance and value. I think it's more a matter of Internet buzz, in that some vendors are more BB forum oriented and a somewhat higher cost of Banks products combine to produce the perception you're seeing. I don't know of a diesel performance manufacturer that spends more money on R&D.

Jim

AnzacRon
11-21-2006, 14:50
Do they offer the power pack for the '06? I havent seen one offered for the LBZ, but then again I could be missing something!!!!

Stlheadake
11-21-2006, 17:41
MP thanks for your reply. I was rather curious as to the lack of response to my post. Either I hit a nerve, or asked an obvious question. Either way, I thought I would get SOME sort of reply.

Banks products ARE expensive, no doubt. In your post you stated that you respected their R&D. I have read a lot about Banks and Co. and I feel like they are a company to trust. I too am quite impressed with their research. Still some say that one product is better than another.

I will go with them, and go happily. I'm sure they will work fine for what I am doing, towing a trailer.

Thanks again,

More Power
11-21-2006, 18:06
A local (nearby) chassis dyno will become available in early 2007. I suspect we'll be doing a much broader range of product type stories in 2007 - including more stuff about Banks.

I've personally met Gale Banks and quite a few of his staff, and they have been a help to us here in The Diesel Page - since 1996.

Jim

Mark Rinker
11-22-2006, 04:49
Banks offers complete solutions for improving airflow, then adding more fuel.

By addressing the entire MORE POWER equation at once, the bundles are costly. Its a 'one stop shopping' approach vs. applying various modifications over time. One would think that the end-to-end approach should be better tested and yield more predictabale results than peices-parts from various vendors.

BillMoncrief
11-22-2006, 08:04
Hello all;
I've been running a Banks Sixgun with speedloader for 3 years no problems that Banks didn't fix. Had a cracked weld on muffler all the way around outer caseing called them they sent a new one another time had issue with exhaust temp gauge pegging called they sent new computer. Both times fast service.
towerjake

Kennedy
11-22-2006, 10:57
With many of the plug in devices we are seeing more and more hardware ans software issues. For this reason, I'm shifting my preference more towards the download devices and my Custom Tuning. Then the only hardware to fail is the downloader or factory ECM. Since there is no additional hardware being used day to day, failure is quite uncommon.

conway
11-22-2006, 13:00
My experience with Banks is negative because of their after service. I installed an exhaust brake that was machined poorly and stuck closed, Huge black smoke. They made me pay for returning. Second unit did same thing. Again they made me pay for return shipping. (I also had to install the unit three times).
I know, my second truck has a Bank dual exhaust. The only reson is that Fredrico stated that the Banks dual is the only exhaust that will fit with his rear roll bar w/o alteration. They sent me gauges that I did not want that time and hassled me about returning. I ended up paying for the shipping of the gauges to me (gauges that I did not want). After a few calls at least they agreed to pay for the return shipping. They may have good products but their customer treatment was not satisfactory in my case.

gfd464
11-28-2006, 10:18
Do they offer the power pack for the '06? I havent seen one offered for the LBZ, but then again I could be missing something!!!!
I spoke to them 2 weeks ago it will be out in mid Dec, they are taking Pre-release orders right now