PDA

View Full Version : is this something i can do?

spongebob
11-13-2006, 18:53
im adding factory fog lights to my 06 silverado 3500..
instructions says:
"the TBC must be programmed to recognize the installed fog lamps"

then goes on to say something about a SPS to program the lights...

or is something for the dealer$hip to do?

DmaxMaverick
11-13-2006, 19:03
You could do it.....If you happen to have a Tech II handy. The features need to be enabled in the relative computers. Your dealer is an option, but any shop/person that has a Tech II can do it.

spongebob
11-13-2006, 20:54
thx's Dmax...

jporvaz
11-14-2006, 14:03
I installed a set on my 04 2500HD. Plug and play... :). I purchased a set of stock lights from dealer- the kit included the lights, switch, and the mounting unit which attatches to the bumper (brain fade on the name of it...). Had to fit a fuse into the fuse box under hood and wire it. No programming necessary.

DmaxMaverick
11-14-2006, 14:08
Good deal. Sometimes it's good to be wrong. I think maybe the snags I hit are the exception, and not the rule. Or, it could be another one of those "California only" things. This state is just too unique, in too many ways.

spongebob
11-14-2006, 23:38
i get my lower air deflector on thursday, i dont think i can hurt anything if i push the button to see if the lights come on......right?

ill come back here to let everyone know how it went..

spongebob
11-16-2006, 15:12
woothoo....everything works, and no trip to the stealer$hip..

what's interesting, when i picked up my lower air deflector, i asked a mechanic i trust about reprograming the system to get the fog lamps to fire off, he said "yep, i do it all the time"...

jporvaz
11-18-2006, 08:30
The only thing I don't like is that I can't figure out how to have the fog lights turn on automatically when the headlights come on. I have to manually push the light switch......