PDA

View Full Version : New November Articles!

More Power
11-16-2006, 14:58
2007 Duramax 6600 (http://www.thedieselpage.com/duramax/2007Duramax.htm)
& Vehicle Applications
Designed to meet the 2007 emissions regulations, the 2007 LLM & LMM Duramax 6600 diesel engines have met the challenge, and continue to lead in power & torque. More power and torque are the good news. Go here to learn all of the details about the new engine and its application.

SEMA Trucks (http://www.thedieselpage.com/features/2006sematrucksc.htm)
Go Big or Go Home!
Trucks at SEMA were there to attract attention - and boy did they! Each of the 2100+ Vendors and manufacturers who attend the annual Specialty Equipment Market Association event needed something special to lure some of the 100,000+ passers-by (and the media) into their booth. Having an eye catching truck helps them do just that, and this year was no exception. Here is a collection of GM, Ford & Dodge (and Toyota) trucks I thought stood out in some way from the others at SEMA 2006. Have a look!

arveetek
11-16-2006, 15:50
One question: is that twin-turbo 6.4L Ford diesel sitting under the hood of an F-series truck? It looks more like the engine bay of an E-series van! Have they shrunk the hood that much on the latest F-series? I suppose it's more of the 'cab-forward' thinking?

I had an E-series PowerStroke van, how I hated to work on it! Couldn't get to anything from the front or the rear! Gone are the days of popping the hood and seeing the engine!

Casey

More Power
11-18-2006, 00:41
Yes, that was a twin turbo 6.4L. Both the red & blue trucks were an '08 F-series.... The top of radiator/charge air cooler/A/C condenser package is leaned back toward the engine, crowding the engine bay even more. Also, the truck's grille now opens with the hood, like what Dodge has done since 1994. This makes it easier to service the various coolers, but owners will need to be more careful not to damage them during service or routine maintenance.

Here's another shot of that red Ford pickup.

http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/photopost/data/500/SEMA24.jpg

Jim

6.5 Detroit Diesel
11-20-2006, 21:12
Hey guys, just thought that I've got some info. The "new" 6.4 is currently availabe through International and has been used in the last few years in their Cabovers. (I haven't seen them in anything else) While working on one a few weeks ago I took time to find out the torque and horsepower on these.
These engines are producing 200 bhp and 440 lbs. ft. of torque. Now this is a far cry from Ford's rating of 350 Hp and 650 torque. This is a far cry from the power I got but could have something to do with the fact that the engine I saw was equipped with 1" turbo downpipes and other unhelpful goodies. Still,
the 6.6 Duramax for the Sierra Classic in 2007, (a year before the 6.4's release) is rated at factory 365 hp. and 660+ torque. I think Ford has to do better to beat the Duramax.
Why doesn't GMC develop a Inline Six 6.8 liter dual turbo?:D

dieseldummy
11-20-2006, 21:23
I thought that IH/Ford had been putting the smaller V6 version of the new 6.4 in their cabovers?

6.5 Detroit Diesel
11-20-2006, 22:56
No, it was a V8 motor as was identified on the engine VIN tag. Now as to whether there is a difference in twin turbo and dual turbo, I don't know. All I know is that the 6.6 Duramax rokx!