PDA

View Full Version : 4"exhaust

Rick Malone
11-17-2006, 10:32
Just instaled a new 4" T&J's Diesel Performance cat back kit very easy to install 1 1/2 hr's top's, only cut my old exhaust in one place and fished it out (could re-use it if one needed too) good sound not loud even my wife did not no the differance yet, too easy of a mod should have done it sooner..

More Power
11-21-2006, 15:33
Yes, an exhaust system is easy to do... I've been considering the MBRP 4" polished stainless system with mini muffler and 5" tip for Lil Red. :) Polished stainless doesn't make a whole lotta sense for a daily driver here in Montana (especially during the winter), but it'd sure look good on a red sport truck!

Jim

J.Priestley
11-22-2006, 18:55
Hello, I'm new to forums in general but I've been involved with cars and trucks my whole life. The first thing I did with my new 06' LBZ was install a Magnaflow Cat-back and what a differance! I believe I had 200mi on it when I installed it. I did it in the driveway; took me about 1 hour taking my time. In my opion it is the first and one of the easiest aftermarket upgrades to "do yourself"! I personally think Magnaflow makes the best cat-back out there along with Borla; I've used Magnaflow on everything from my class 7 S-10 off-road truck to my 73' Camaro that I road race. Lifetime warranty with AWESOME customer service! The sound on my D-Max is perfect; only loud when I'm on the gas. I would recommend the Stainless single outlet which includes a 5" polished tip. I really look forward to meeting people with similar interest and I look forward to learning more about diesels; particullarly the LBZ D-Max! "An engine is an air pump, let it breath!"

2006 CC/SB 2WD LBZ White, Magnaflow Cat-Back, Edge Juice W/Attitude, K&N Intake System. What's next! :D
1973 Camaro 427Ci 525RWHP Road Racer! :D

Mark Rinker
11-23-2006, 07:37
Welcome aboard. Looking forward to hearing more about your projects - I have a '79 Z28 road race chassis that has been waiting for the 'right engine' too long. Want to run www.silverstateclassic.com with it.

spongebob
11-26-2006, 18:09
rick, did your system come with a muffler?? my stock muffler looks exactally like a WW2 submarine, and is about the same size..was wondering what it would sound like with out a muffler??
also are there any benefits to a 4" system (cat back)..im not doing a chip, leaving it stock..

Rick Malone
11-27-2006, 14:42
Yes i got mine w/a muff. more like a cigar 1/2 the dim. of the stock one, i did run mine with out a muff. and when you get on it it's loud but a nice rumble at idle. I did a cat back because of the warranty even though my dealer may not make a point of it you never know if your off some place another dealer might make a big deal of it, i will kill the kitty at a latter date, the cat back kit also makes a differance if you tow a lot or a little lower EGT's because there is a 4" pipe and a strght through muffler insted of a 3 1/2 pipe and a 3 1/2" muffler that inside is futher reduced to 2 3/4" but you still need a pyro guage to keep tab's on the heat, and you will fill better that your Duramax is not working so hard and will give you a little better service.