PDA

View Full Version : Bully Dog and Outlook - EGT issues

jporvaz
11-18-2006, 09:49
I just installed the Bully Dog Triple Downloader and Outlook Monitor. I uninstalled Superchips programmer and Autometer analog pyro gauge. The probe for the EGT came with the Autometer gauge and is installed post-turbo. (I will be installing a pre-turbo probe that came with Bully Dog, just not done yet). With the Autometer gauge and SC on level 3 (performance), my EGT's were around 500 driving the freeway to/from work (65 mph).
Since I installed the Bully Dog Outlook I have a question about the EGT. The monitor is showing the EGT about 150-200 higher with the same probe in the same location running on the Extreme level (level 3). I have also noticed that when I first turn the key to the on position the EGT are showing 200 degrees. The truck had been sitting all night, parked, with no engine running. The outside temperature is low 50's. This doesn't seem right. Can anyone help? I have sent a post to Bully Dog, but no response yet.

DmaxMaverick
11-18-2006, 10:03
The amplifier with the B.D. may not be calibrated for that probe. Check the amplifier, it may be adjustable. If not, call B.D.