PDA

View Full Version : intermittent stall

hayesash
11-20-2006, 19:13
Seem to have my cold start issue solved by cleaning all the grounds. Low coolant light hasn't come on since.

Now it is the intermittent stall. Tonight it stalled about 6 times . It will always start right back up but a couple of times it stalled again within driving 10 feet. Parked in the driveway it would run for 2 mins and stall. Did this about three times and then ran for 5 mins and I shut it off.
New pmd about 6 months ago. On an fsd cooler on the intake. Do I have to buy another or is there something else I should look at?
Thanks Pat

Warren96
11-21-2006, 07:40
That sounds exactly like mine when my PMD was bad. Any codes?

hayesash
11-21-2006, 08:20
It hasn't set any codes. The one on the pump lasted about 5 yrs. This one on a beta cooler about 6 months. Guess I will just have to order another one. I was wishing it was something else!!

Warren96
11-21-2006, 09:27
Well it is a little pricey but it is handy to have if your on a trip and it starts this stalling- start B S. I keep a spare in my gloebox mounted on a heatsink just in case.Have you checked for a fuel delivery problem?(Leaky fuel line, inoperable lift pump) Can you hear the lift pump running?

DmaxMaverick
11-21-2006, 09:39
Where have you been purchasing your FSD's? Many TDP Advertisers sell them at competitive prices, and some have a warranty.

While it is not uncommon for a FSD to fail, it is not common for them to fail repeatedly. You may want to have a close look at connections and voltage values. Also, consider moving it out of the engine compartment. Have you tried to tighten the transistor on the back? They can loosen and break contact, causing an intermittent issue. I haven't had FSD issues in many years, so others will have to help you with that if needed. There has been some success reported with it.

hayesash
11-21-2006, 19:35
I tightened the fsd to the cooler. Two screws were loose. Checked connections. When you say to check voltage where do I check?
I have a new 40" harness It will go on when I buy a new fsd or when I solve this problem.
Thanks for all the help.
Went for a 20 min drive. Truck stalled on the way back.