PDA

View Full Version : Allison 1000 trans fluid?

FBJR
11-20-2006, 23:41
OK, have searched here and read many threads but I need a solid answer about Allison Trans fluid for an 06 D/A.

Says to use Dextron VI in the manual (no rating besides that) and the best I can find is Mobil 1 (dextron V) full synthetic.

Will this be OK, void my warranty (only have 5000mi).

The GM is SO expensive!!!!!!!!!!

I am putting a Mag-Tec pan on and want to use the right stuff.

THX

Fred Ficarra
11-21-2006, 14:05
all Dexron is synthetic.

WILLYD-MAX
11-21-2006, 18:40
I service a friend of mines 06 duramax with allison with the lbz. and I changed and flushed his to Amsoil Torque Drive which is specificly made for the allison. Now I don't know if that is "technically" the correct fluid for an 06 according to gm but I am not afraid of it at all. It is a direct copy of the Castrol Transynd that allison puts in their transmission for extended warranty and severe service.

chipper
11-21-2006, 19:43
Transydn!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FBJR
11-21-2006, 20:43
I have heard that Amsoil changed their formula and it is not a true Synthetic, and why it is so much cheaper than other Syns now.

I want to be able to use something over the counter if possible. Looking at the basic online labels, nothing says it is better than V.

Is Transydn that good. I see the name alot, but not for those with the Allison 6 speeds.

WILLYD-MAX
11-25-2006, 11:26
As to Amsoil changing thier formula....sounds bogus. They sell very few synthetic blend oils and ATF is not one of them. As to being a lot cheaper, I have not heard that one. If you go to the advertisers section on this forum you can buy Transynd or Amsoil Torque Drive and have it shipped to your door. If you are nervous about using Transynd or Amsoil Torque Drive then go to your dealer and buy Dextron VI.

FBJR
11-27-2006, 00:53
Opps, it was Red Line not AMSOIL :o