PDA

View Full Version : 2002 allison tranny shudder

gmvwdieselfan
11-23-2006, 17:09
I let my truck sit 3 weeks and the batteries died. I decided to charge the batteries on the bench. well all I can think of is that I lost a program or something from having the batteries out and now it shudders and vibrates durring slow and intown driving at takoff and slow down. My question: is this possible, and what do I do now? I dont know if it had an aftermarket program or stock with a fix from the dealer for some TSB problem. The tranny worked perfectly when parked. The history of truck is that I bought it 18 months ago and have put 20,000 miles on it. Anything before that is unknown. Looks stock to me. Anyone know a good Tranny Mechanic in the Salem area of Oregon or can offer some ideas.

HELP!

Mark Rinker
11-23-2006, 18:25
RELAX!

Your transmission is simply re-learning its optimal shift points through adaptive technology. It 'lost' the learn when the batteries were unhooked.

Drive it like you want to drive it, and in a short time it will smooth out as it learns your foot.

up@12
11-24-2006, 07:16
How lond do the batteries have to be unhooked or dead for this to happen?

DmaxMaverick
11-24-2006, 11:29
You may also be needing a tranny service. A plugged up filter will delay engagement and reduce TCC pressure rise. The result can be some clutch chatter. If you've never replaced the spin-on filter, it could be as simple as that. Don't forget the magnet!!

Mark Rinker
11-27-2006, 14:08
Any update on the transmission shudder?