PDA

View Full Version : Dealer recommended

oneton
11-24-2006, 16:56
While my truck is in the shop for the crank position sensor repair and the SM recommended a injector flush.. In a 130,000 mile haven't used any additives or cleaners. Is this really necessary?

Thanks
David

carco
11-24-2006, 19:13
Not likely needed. Add some Stanadyne additive and enjoy the ride. bob..............

DmaxMaverick
11-24-2006, 20:02
An "injector flush" on a Duramax is replacing the injectors. Using solvent to "flush" them isn't going to do anything a good additive won't. There will be no immediate improvement. If he thinks it will work, then you need new injectors. He is acknowledging an injector issue by suggesting it, and they should be replaced. An injector flush on your truck will do as much good as rotating the air in your tires. The solvent used can/will also do some serious damage to piston crowns on a DI (even NDI) engine. Diesel engine injectors SHOULD NOT BE FLUSHED ON A RUNNING ENGINE.

Ask your SM what the solvent is going to remove that 20,000+ PSI Diesel fuel allowed to build up.

oneton
11-25-2006, 10:49
DM, the SM only suggested it because of the milage. I'm always skepitcal when they want to sell me something. It didn't sound right. Especially after reading the additive thread. Which is probably what they would do anyway. Drop a bottle in the fuel and call it flush.

Thanks
David