PDA

View Full Version : need some help no fast idle or timing adv.

eembry
11-28-2006, 04:34
Well with the help of you folks on this board I got my injectors,& injector pump changed. But since I changed the injector pump I have lost my fast idle and my timing advance hence I am requesting your help once again. I am hoping for a sensor or a fuse wire loose or something simple and not something with the pump. Anyway any suggestions on what to check?
Thanks in advance for your help one more time. Eddie

More Power
11-28-2006, 13:46
Your 1992 6.5TD uses a thermal switch located at the bottom-rear of the passenger side cylinder head to sense engine temperature. At temperatures below about 95 degrees F, that thermal switch passes ignition voltage to the DB2 fuel injection pump's HPCA solenoid and fast-idle solenoid. The dark green wires and spade terminals at the top of the injection pump are part of that circuit.

You should check the fuse panel. I'm not sure what the fuse might be labeled as, but it is an ignition source (hot when key on). Otherwise, the problem may be due to either the wiring wasn't reinstalled or possibly damaged during the pump change, or you had a thermal switch failure.

Jim

JohnC
11-28-2006, 17:12
Your 1992 6.5TD

The great Carnac has spoken....