PDA

View Full Version : Just chabged lift pump, ops, and lift pump relay

davidstereo
11-28-2006, 16:10
Need to know since I exposed the gas lines when changing the lift pump if I need to do any bleeding to the lines before I start it? I went by the hanes techbook and followed it step by step but it says nothing about air getting in the lines. Thanks, David Also, I am trying to change the ops but can't find the fuel filter. The hanes book is no help with this. I am new to diesels but am learning any help would be nice.

JohnC
11-28-2006, 17:31
The fuel filter is at the rear of the engine valley. You have to remove the "Turbo Power" cover, if installed. The OPS is on the back side of the block, near the driver's side cylinder head, pointing toward the fuel filter.

No need to bleed it before starting, but bleed the filter after you get it running.

davidstereo
11-28-2006, 20:07
Just to clarify I need to bleed the filter even if I don't change the filter, I should bleed the filter after the truck is running? I'll look up how to bleed the filter in the techbook. I guess i'll just replace the filter while I have the turbo cover off. David

JohnC
11-29-2006, 12:50
Any air that gets in while you change the pump will end up in the filter. Bleed it by opening the black bleed screw while the engine is running, or while the pump is running. If you change the filter, you'll probably have to bleed it to get it running.

davidstereo
11-29-2006, 14:14
Thanks, The hanes manual said nothing about bleeding the fuel filter I will do that tonight as I might need the 4x4 soon they are calling for a chance of snow here tomorrow. Time to go play. Appreciate it, David