PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know any good lift kits for diesels

davidstereo
11-28-2006, 20:15
I want to lift mine anywhere from three to six inches depending on the price. I am having having a hard time finding any kits for my year diesel. Plaese send me the website. Thanks, David

Robyn
11-28-2006, 23:17
Most reputable 4X4 shops should have a kit available to jack the sucker to the moon. The ones I have seen are quite extensive and drop the front differential as well as the torsion bar mounts and such.
probably not cheap.
The only rig I have ever owned that has been jacked up is a 91 Burb I just bought.
Good luck
Robyn

6.5 Detroit Diesel
11-29-2006, 19:55
I to would like to see any replies for good lift kits. My goal is a six inch HD lift. I've only seen a few and they have all been over $1500 just to order it. I would put it in myself. I don't need rear shocks with it as there are going to be tractor-trailer airbags that I'm going to mount off the back axle to frame.:):D Has anyone ever put in custom airbags before? I'm going to have a 2 gallon air tank mounted off the box and have an electric compressor run it from inside the cab.

davidstereo
12-01-2006, 15:09
I used to live in texas and they had lift shops all over the place. That is all they did was lift trucks. Here in louisville there are only two and one only had a lift kit for 6-lug trucks. The other was 2000 for the kit and 600 to install. I build decks and need the extra clearance when I have to drive through the woods pulling a 14' trailer and bed full of treated wood to get to some of these places. I got stuck a few weekends ago, I got in a rut that normally would have been no problem but with that weight the rear end was dragging and I had to unload all of that wood to get out of it. Anyway, 2600 is well more than half what I paid for the truck so I dont really wanna pay that much. I am going to be taking a trip to san antonio to see family soon maybe I'll shop around there.