PDA

View Full Version : oil by-pass systems

Barkbuster
11-29-2006, 11:16
Nothing like getting more performance from the oil eh?
Just learned of this by-pass product the other day. www.oilpursys.com.
I`ve read much about the amsoil, fs2500 and oil gaurd systems.
Anyone tried the ops-1 yet? If so what does this one cost? l8r bb

More Power
11-30-2006, 16:55
Looks like you'll have to be the first here to install their system! :) Let us know what you think about it.

Jim

Barkbuster
12-01-2006, 03:52
hmmm must be a new system to duramax owners, not sure if I`ll go for this or not as I`ve had no reply to my email to them yet. Seems like the systems been out there in big rigs for awhile. The filter and evaporater can seem larger than other systems. Was hoping anyone had some experience with this setup. l8r bb

n3pro
12-02-2006, 11:09
I've heard several commercials that say in big rigs they get over 200,000 miles on an oil change which is great when you drive several thoudsand miles per day. Never saw the prices but not sure if it would be worth the money for normal driving but keep us updated. 200,000 is nothing to sneeze at but sure tick off the oil companies!

the_croz
12-05-2006, 16:58
On Commercial trucks and older Allis-Chalmers Dozers.
It's the Big Can on the drivers side (close to the door) looks similar to the air filter on the passenger side..I've seen them as small as 1 qt and up to 16qt capacity.
Anyway.. Inside there is a steel mesh cartridge with cotton (and I've seen straw) inside of that.. it filters the excess oil pressure by means of an orifice (about 1/32nd-1/16th") these filters only require changing every 1000-1500 hours..(@ 60 miles per hour comes out to 60-90,000 miles) You still have to change the engine oil and filter as well as drain and refill the By-pass housing on a regular basis.

SoTxPollock
12-06-2006, 12:27
No experience with that one. I have an Oil Guard. I,m still under warranty so I change my regular filter every 7500 and my Oil Guard every 15 k.
I have my flow back tapped into the filler cap, so when I don't change the oil guard, after I fill the engine, I put the cap in a clear plastic jug and let the engine idle until the oil appears clean, that way I know I've cycled out all the old oil from the extra line the bypass filter uses. Then I just top off the engine and put the cap back on and never look back until the next 7500.