PDA

View Full Version : LLY has a miss

50+
11-30-2006, 12:33
My LLY has developed what I can only describe as a miss, thats most noticeable at idle. It will sputter 5 or 6 times then its done, and it may not happen again for several days. The only thing consistent about it, is that it always seems to happen about the same time it reaches normal engine temp. I just turned 35,000 miles, and have not added any mods (yet). I changed the fuel filter 3k ago. It goes in to the dealer tommorrow. I have not had an engine light. Any ideas?

More Power
12-02-2006, 02:17
There are several things that could cause an intermittent miss. I'd first look for any stored codes. There might be a code in history - which doesn't illuminate the service engine soon lamp.

Jim

50+
12-02-2006, 06:28
Took truck to dealer yesterday. This turned out to be a bad injector. I was a bit surprised. Warranty of course took care of it. Trucks running great.

mark45678
12-03-2006, 12:35
Had the same issues with my 2004.5 lly , once it was a injector when the truck had under 20K on it and the seocnd and third time was bad connectors on the injectors ! there is a TSB for the injector pig tails , make sure both gets replaced if you have to go in again ..... My dealer only did 1 the first time , ran great for 4~6 weeks and it got towed in for the other one. Paid a deductable again ,rented a car for 4 days and I was pissed to say the least.

DmaxMaverick
12-03-2006, 12:45
Had the same issues with my 2004.5 lly , once it was a injector when the truck had under 20K on it and the seocnd and third time was bad connectors on the injectors ! there is a TSB for the injector pig tails , make sure both gets replaced if you have to go in again ..... My dealer only did 1 the first time , ran great for 4~6 weeks and it got towed in for the other one. Paid a deductable again ,rented a car for 4 days and I was pissed to say the least.

You paid a deductible for what????

That truck should have still been inside the 3/36 B to B warranty. That is a ZERO deductible warranty, WITH courtesy vehicle!!!!

Go back to that dealer and DEMAND a refund, and several service compensations for their attempt to DEFRAUD you. At the very least, GM will refund your expenses, including the rental. If the dealer refuses to take responsibility for their wrongdoing, take it up with GM.

Don't be taken in by this. I see it all too often, and it just gets my goat!!:mad: