PDA

View Full Version : Change Oil Light

harloff99
12-02-2006, 11:05
I change my oil myself every 5-6,000 miles. How do I turn off the change engine oil light that comes on at startup?

DmaxMaverick
12-02-2006, 11:50
Key off/out. Insert key, turn to RUN (no start, DIC active, gages and I/P MIL lamps working). Fully depress the acc. pedal 3 times, all within 5 seconds. The CO message should flash, and be gone when you start. You may need to repeat it several times to be successful. This in accordance with your owner's manual.

If it doesn't work, try more deliberate acc. pedal pushes, all the way into the carpet, and all the way off. Counting aligators works for me.

Heartbeat Hauler
12-03-2006, 00:41
Key off/out. Insert key, turn to RUN (no start, DIC active, gages and I/P MIL lamps working). Fully depress the acc. pedal 3 times, all within 5 seconds. The CO message should flash, and be gone when you start. You may need to repeat it several times to be successful. This in accordance with your owner's manual.

If it doesn't work, try more deliberate acc. pedal pushes, all the way into the carpet, and all the way off. Counting aligators works for me.
Exactly, don't be afraid to really press that pedal, I would use the word aggressive to describe the action.
JP

DmaxMaverick
12-03-2006, 01:20
Exactly, don't be afraid to really press that pedal, I would use the word aggressive to describe the action.
JP

Yes. But don't stomp. Steady, firm, and all the way. Careful not to bend the steering wheel or bust your seat back!