PDA

View Full Version : Just replaced Damper, still vibes.

sailun
12-05-2006, 14:24
Hi, folks, just had the damper and pulley replaced at 156k, (after the bolts sheared off) but I still have the vibration that started about 10k miles ago.

You know, a little rear-view mirror fuzzy, coins jingle in the cupholder, loose stuff in the dash, that kinda a buzz.

Has any one else run into this ?

Timing chain ? Crank bearings ? (yikes) Injectors ? Any thoughts ?

Also, sure doesn't run like it used to.

MPG - only twice over 15, in over 145k miles. Wow - hit 17 the other day, on the hgwy. I should probably go re-check my division.

No mods, except Amsoil air filter, FSD Cooler mounted on intake, and bolt battery terminals.

Dvldog8793
12-05-2006, 15:08
Howdy
Check all your driven components, Alt, AC, Vac pump....etc My truck had similar symptoms when my AC front bearing went out.
Also you might have a broken motor mount. Could also be exhuast touching the frame or cab pan.
Your mileage is a mystery, your machine should be hitting the 20MPG range, depending on you driving habits. Might be time for new injectors.
Hope this helps
L8r
Conley

sailun
12-05-2006, 15:56
Thanks for items to check.

I had already checked all the driven parts with my listenin' stick - a nice oak 1x2. Vacuum pump is new this year, alternator is <18 months old, AC bearing sounded OK, but it is original. What do I look for in the motor mount ?

MPG has always stunk on this truck, had it since it had 11k on it. And I drive it gently. I agree I should be getting 19 or 20. TDC offset ?

soulman67
12-05-2006, 20:56
when you installed the new balancer did you check the end of the crank for wear. After my balancer came off my crank is tapered on the end from the balancer spinning on the crank. Which even with a new balancer it shaked and eventually the a chunck of steel came off the crank end.

I would pull the new balancer off and inspect the crank end and the new balancer make sure every thing is right and the balancer is seated properly.

sailun
12-06-2006, 14:04
Thanks, Soulman,

I didn't do the work, too busy trying to run a business.

I guess I'll pick up a timing chain soon, and replace that while I have the all the other stuff off.

Kevin