PDA

View Full Version : Block heater question, i read the last post, new question.

Monan
12-05-2006, 19:04
Like the previous poster I was looking for my block heater plug, i checked in the wheel well on driver side nothing. I put a flashlight and looked around the engine for a plug sticking out and nothing. Is it possible I have no heater? Or could it be there's a heater I just need to attach a cord to it?

winemaker
12-05-2006, 19:20
I found mine last week between the driver's side battery and the grille. Brett

DmaxMaverick
12-05-2006, 19:28
If you can't find your cord, trace it from the source. The heater element is in a frost plug hole in the lower driver side of the block, just in front of the motor mount. Find it and follow the cord to its end. ALL GM light truck Diesel engines are delivered with a block heater, in that location. The cord, on the other hand, could be anywhere.

moondoggie
12-06-2006, 11:54
Good Day!

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. :)

Blessings!

Monan
12-07-2006, 09:36
Thanks for the tip, and thanks to the other guys for helping.. i'll continue looking.

Good Day!

You might want to click on "Quick Links", then "Edit Signature", & let us know what year, model, equipment etc. truck you are talking about. It's handy, because you don't have to remember to do it, it shows up at the bottom of all your posts automatically. :)

Blessings!

JTodd
12-07-2006, 14:40
I found mine wire-tied to the radiator towards the bottom. It was hard to see because it blended right in. Check in between radiator and driver's side headlight.