PDA

View Full Version : Diesel Power Challenge East

Ponderosa JT
12-06-2006, 15:49
Just got my copy of Diesel Power in the mail yesterday. Congrat's to Micheal Tomac on the win in the Diesel Power Challenge East. I knew Micheal has a special truck from the posts I've read here over the past couple years. The challenge tested 1/4 mile time, 1/8 mile time with 10K lb trailer, dyno, sled pull, and mpg. It was interesting to see all the power upgrades on the 9 trucks in the challenge. A lot of attention to fuel delivery...aftermarket injector pumps, lift pumps, and injectors. A local guy (to me) Jeremy Moss also did well. I've seen him run locally and his truck is a real sleeper. How does a 12 sec 1/4 mile truck get 24mpg? Good reading, makes me want to go out and upgrade my truck with all the good stuff these guys use.

Jeff

More Power
12-07-2006, 00:33
Yes, congrats to Micheal! He deserves it.

Jim

ToddMeister
12-07-2006, 10:23
I like to attend the local pulls where Tomac competes. Always a good show...

Ponderosa JT
12-07-2006, 11:21
Forgot to mention Micheal's spec sheet showed he was using Kennedy's EFI Live program and he recorded 22mpg in the 115 mile test loop. Pretty incredible!

Jeff

Micheal Tomac
12-08-2006, 00:37
Thanks guys. I was suprised to see I made the cover. They did an excelent job on the write up and pictures covering the event.

Special thanks to Kennedy Diesel, ATS Diesel, PPE Diesel, my wife Angel and my uncle Jim.