PDA

View Full Version : 18:1 Splayed Main update

Kent
12-11-2006, 11:04
With 60k on the 18:1 project motor i am happy to say all is well, the blo by tube down under is the same as when it was new, (cant hardly see it). I did just put a new tranny in it, twisted the input shaft off. Tow bill was'nt for the faint hearted either, truck and loaded trailer.

Kent

moody
12-11-2006, 12:46
blow by tube? this would be the tube running up to the Tuna can and than in to the air intake?

john8662
12-11-2006, 15:41
Glad you're still kicking that 6.5's butt and it's still taking it!

Bummer on the tranny twistin... Goes with the territory eh?

J

dieseldummy
12-11-2006, 21:33
Good to hear that it's still going! I've heard of a few input shaft failures with the 4l80e... Sorry you had to be one of them.

soulman67
12-11-2006, 22:54
how does that 6.5 run and pull compared to a stock compression version. I don't do much pulling anymore but I still would like more power. So is it any quicker on take off, is what I want to know. Is there enough noticable difference to justify the extra cost. I am still trying to make up my mind on leaving my truck with a 6.5 or convert it to a duramax, when I rebuild the whole truck during the next year.

Kent
12-13-2006, 21:06
how does that 6.5 run and pull compared to a stock compression version. I don't do much pulling anymore but I still would like more power. So is it any quicker on take off, is what I want to know. Is there enough noticable difference to justify the extra cost. I am still trying to make up my mind on leaving my truck with a 6.5 or convert it to a duramax, when I rebuild the whole truck during the next year.

I would say that if you were not going to splay main it, then dont bother with the 6.5, there is just no tellin when or if it will fail. I have a lot of confidance in the splayed main block.

John and Justin, glad to see you guys are still kickin / Kent