PDA

View Full Version : P/S low effort

Jamie Kennedy
12-11-2006, 20:07
Hey there, I have a 2003 p/u 2500 with very little assist at idle. Just changed the pump and gearbox. Apparently the customer has changed the pump now for the third time. All bullentins checked, and today I flushed the system. Any thoughts...........JK.

More Power
12-11-2006, 23:38
Does applying the brakes or turning the wheel load the engine at idle?

Jim

Jamie Kennedy
12-15-2006, 07:29
Thx., but sure if the idle is bumped up or not....something to check. This as you know has the boost accumulator as well for the brakes.!!!!!! What do You think. Cheers, JK.

oyazi
12-15-2006, 20:43
Hey there, I have a 2003 p/u 2500 with very little assist at idle. Just changed the pump and gearbox. Apparently the customer has changed the pump now for the third time. All bullentins checked, and today I flushed the system. Any thoughts...........JK.

The following is a quote by madmatt: "......there is a bulletin (#pit3386a) that addresses difficult steering during parking lot type maneuvers that lists an updated p/s pressure control valve that has fixed this concern everytime I've installed one. Talk to your dealer, it's p/n P/N 26095470."

Destroyer
12-17-2006, 10:31
I noticed a bit of a growl and some streering fade at low speed(parking lot and trailer manuvering)turning. And it is brand new, I know 4x4 and diesel could make it very heavy and I doubt it has a system to match it being GM is very interchangable, I doubt they made a system to match the diesel low rpm and weight. Maybe a smaller p/s pully to get p/s rpm to match a gas engine. I know I have the idel up option I could try I guess to see if it helps. My truck has to go in to get the suspension tightened up so I will have them look it over and post if I learn anything. Ohh yeah and it's p/n P/N 26095470 from oyazi post is the best fix, without have some custom pully made lol.

ckt
12-18-2006, 10:50
Destroyer,
What do you mean by tightening up your suspension?

Destroyer
12-18-2006, 11:31
....as in an RCD lift was on the 07 when I bought it new has a factory lift of 4 inches as they call it, but after 1500 miles I have to bring it in to get a retorq to keep the warrenty on it. The torq maintians the warrenty other wise out the window.

madmatt
12-19-2006, 05:28
The following is a quote by madmatt: "......there is a bulletin (#pit3386a) that addresses difficult steering during parking lot type maneuvers that lists an updated p/s pressure control valve that has fixed this concern everytime I've installed one. Talk to your dealer, it's p/n P/N 26095470."

Nice too see I'm still gettin' a little credit around this place,,,,even though I'm not here as much as I'd like to be! That very well may change though as I have been offered a job in a diesel performance shop and dyno facility out in New Mexico.....................

ronniejoe
12-19-2006, 13:32
Matt,

When are you leaving? Let's do lunch before you go!

madmatt
12-19-2006, 14:21
If I take the job, it'll be sometime late spring /early summer before I go.
I was up your way here awhile back in Mooresville I think it was. We were working on a bridge up there. We ate @ some wing joint,,,route 67 or 37 bar and grill or something??? Ring a bell????????? The bridge was on 144 I think. We'll for sure do lunch sometime before then though!

ronniejoe
12-20-2006, 06:40
I live in Martinsville, but am in Mooresville one or two times a week. That restaraunt is the Route 67 Grille. I havn't eaten there yet, it's relatively new.

madmatt
12-20-2006, 08:59
I recommend the Buffalo Chicken sandwich! Good stuff!!!!

Jamie Kennedy
12-20-2006, 21:13
Hey Guys, the new press. control vavle did fix the issue.....the bullentin was followed and it is the first one sold in the shop. The boss is very happy to close the r/o on this one.....hope lunch was good. JK.

madmatt
12-21-2006, 06:03
Glad I could kinda help,,in a roundabout way!!!!!!!!!

oyazi
12-27-2006, 16:16
Glad I could kinda help,,in a roundabout way!!!!!!!!!

Your (and others like you) participation/expertise is what keeps me coming back

madmatt
01-05-2007, 11:10
I'm flattered, thank you, but someone else (wonder who that could be???) did take the time to find my old poat and quote it. It's pretty obvious that everyone here really looks out for each other and wants to help others as much as they want help/idea themselves.