PDA

View Full Version : Any EFILive users?

dieseldummy
12-11-2006, 21:43
I've been playing with some MPG/tow tunes with decent results. 20.2MPG on winter fuel and 18.5 with some towing thrown in. Anyone else having good luck?

dieseldummy
12-13-2006, 20:58
Nobody????

cabletech
12-13-2006, 21:24
I have EFI live, I'm now waiting for LBZ support. I did have good luck with my last truck (LB7) with better mileage.

More Power
12-13-2006, 23:10
One of our moderators, ToddMeister, has been using EFI Live on his 2005 LLY. You might try using the search function to search for posts made By: ToddMeister in the Duramax 6600 forum. :)

Jim

Bobo
12-14-2006, 00:08
I use it everyday and I love it! Kennedy uses it and has some great tunes for those that don't have time to make their own.

ToddMeister
12-15-2006, 06:27
MP is correct, I'm playing with EFI Live on my truck. I've also been testing John Kennedy's EFI Live economy tunes in his supplied ECM's.

I've played with the Allison programming a little bit, but EFI Live needs to add some more tables to the Alli to make it more adjustable. Right now I have lowered the TCC lockup speed a little bit in 5th gear at light throttle settings to improve city mileage.

Currently I'm playing with my own version of Cit1991's V7 economy+60hp tune that is posted on the "other" site. My only problem with that tune is that it throws a boost code while on high idle, but I'll have to wait until it gets cold again before I can log it and see what the problem is. I think just a little tweaking to the turbo vane tables is all it will take to fix this issue.

With the Cit1991 tune, I can get 20 mpg at 75 mph on the highway, running 265 tires. I also want to check mileage with stock 245 tires, that is on the todo list. I also get similar mileage with J/K's tunes. I like the drivability of J/K's tunes more so than my tuning so far.

Other things I have done is lowered the idle speed a little bit at operating temp, smoothed out the idle speed transitions while warming up, smoothed out the injection timing when transitioning from idle stopped to moving.

Also disabled the EGR function and its associated codes.

So much to play with, so little time.

My brother is also running my tune in his 05 Chevy LLY, he has only had it a week or so, but he likes it much better than his stock program.

Kennedy
12-15-2006, 08:48
MP is correct, I'm playing with EFI Live on my truck. I've also been testing John Kennedy's EFI Live economy tunes in his supplied ECM's.

I like the drivability of J/K's tunes more so than my tuning so far.

As soon as I finish the next round of polishing you should see a profound improvement yet again if you can believe that...

ToddMeister
12-15-2006, 10:53
As soon as I finish the next round of polishing you should see a profound improvement yet again if you can believe that...

The first tune was already pretty shiny!

Looking forward to the improvements...

Kennedy
12-16-2006, 08:09
Still working on making economy without excessive noise. I'll be out with it again today testing some revisions...

SoTxPollock
12-20-2006, 12:24
Just think what you could do with adjustible electronic solinoids(msp probably) operating the valves instead of mechanical components, where you could tune them like injectors? Don't even think about it.