PDA

View Full Version : Transynd

Chevy2DMAX
12-12-2006, 19:00
I don't know what Dexron VI is. Can I still use Transynd in my '06 LBZ?

More Power
12-12-2006, 23:56
If Transynd carries the same API certification as Dextron IV, it would be fine - as far as warranty is concerned. :)

Jim

EdHale
12-13-2006, 05:16
I started looking this past Saturday for some Dex VI for my first Allison filter change and 3 different dealerships had no clue what I was talking about. 2 of the 3 said to use Dex III "we do it all the time". I can assure you I won't be taking my truck to either of these anytime soon. The third one does have some on order for me. At least they agreed to look it up and see that I wasn't nuts.

BozDMAX
12-13-2006, 07:14
My Advice in anything with parts/ supplies for the transmission is to

1) Go here: http://www.allisontransmission.com/locator/mappoint/index.jsp?country=US

2) Find the closest Allison dealer

3) Go buy whatever parts and fluids you need at what will probably be the a significantly lower rate than a GM dealer.

4) If you have a mind to do it, buy a 5 Gal bucket of Transynd and several spin on filters so you can do a complete flush one of these days and have enough fluid leftover for spin on changes. Last time I paid about $135 for the fluid (they also sell gallons, but no quarts) and $7.50/each for the filters.