PDA

View Full Version : IP and turbo Questions

harwood39
12-14-2006, 04:42
I read somewhere that if you want to make good power out of a 6.5 you sshould swap the electric IP out for the older manual IP. Is this true or can you make good power while sticking with the electric?

Also where can i find turbo upgrades? i can only seem to find remaned stocks. Is there any info on peninsulars engines anywhere?

Robyn
12-14-2006, 08:33
Howdy

Well I am no fan of the DS4 pump, BUT when they are working as they are supposed to they are fine and do a great job.
You can make plenty of power too.

You will find many companies that offer power chips (ADD ON FOR 94-95 and complete PCM's for later trucks.

The elctronic pump can build you a decent amount of power and do it with ease.

The DB2 (mechanical) pump has some advantages in that there are no electronics to fail but there are some trae offs to doing the swap back to a DB2 from the DS4.
There is reading elsewhere on this forum about such things.

For turbo upgrades call Kennedy diesel or peninsular and speak with their folks.
Finding goodies is no problem. It all depends on how deep your pockets are as to what you want to do.

Have fun and good luck

harwood39
12-14-2006, 16:32
well i plan to do a complete rebuild and buildup of the truck soon just due to the fact that the box needs to be replaced, it has 210k on it, needs all 4 ball joints, and seems to be getting a little loose and tired engine wise so im building a flatbed, im debating on if i should go with the ssd exhaust or do stacks...

I want to do a 6 in lift with some nice tires, ranch hand bumpers, rhino line the body up to the trim line, and do some massive power and drivetrain mods. I know it will take a good engine (ie premium or peninsular) to make good power, and i know it cant make anywhere near a dmax or cummins so im not looking for that like most newbies...

Im basically going to be using this truck as a rescue truck for stuck off roaders since its the only one in our group of guys that can actually pull things out or the snow/mud/rivers(dont ask) easily but needs some more ground clearence due to the long wheel base. I know if its built propperly and not abused it can be great for this and be reliable and last long.