PDA

View Full Version : Ebay IP pump dealers

DILLIGAFRI
12-18-2006, 12:07
Anybody ever dealt with a seller called DIESELCARE on ebay for IP. $645 price sounds too good

Cowracer
12-18-2006, 13:22
Anybody ever dealt with a seller called DIESELCARE on ebay for IP. $645 price sounds too good

I have no knowledge of this seller, but Walt at SS Diesel Supply is close on price ($675) and I think he is a supporting vendor.

Even if he isnt, he is a stand up guy and you can buy with confidence.

Tim

More Power
12-18-2006, 16:14
US Diesel Parts (http://www.usdieselparts.com) is a supporting vendor (http://www.thedieselpage.com/vendors/main.htm), and is an authorized servicing dealer for Stanadyne, Bosch and many other fuel injection system manufacturers. They generally have very competitive prices on guaranteed products. ;)

Jim

Robyn
12-19-2006, 09:48
I do a lot of buying off ebay and got many of the rebuild parts for my 6.5.
Now these were boxed name brand items.

I have bought IP's there too but only CORE units that I wanted to rebuild.
I would avoid the "Rebuilt Units" like the plague.
As has been mentioned there are some very good vendors here at TDP that can help and will get you quality stuff.

Replacing an IP is a nasty job anyway without ending up with a new set of problems after you get it back together.

Mark Rinker
12-19-2006, 11:23
In the last few months, I have purchased an OEM Duramax waterpump (retail >$300, Ebay $90), a hydroboost unit (retail ???, Ebay $100), and three sets of LB7 injector lines (retail $900 per set, Ebay $30!!! per set)

While its truely 'let the buyer beware', there are great deals to be had. Get the seller on the phone and find out what they know about their parts, many times they have purchased bulk lots or auction inventory.

For an IP, I would only buy new with a warranty from an authorized dealer, unless you like changing pumps.

JeffsTowTruck
12-19-2006, 20:47
E-bay is good if you know what you are getting and know your homework on what you are buying.
But if you want to take a chance, ??? My IP is 3 or 4 years old and doing just fine and I got it used at a local salvage yard for $300.00. The yard should be able to tell you miles and truck it came off of. JUST A THOUGHT!!
I just changed out the Black box due to it went bad for the second time and I have the relocation kit.( FSD cooler )
How much is the FLH?? Just got my 77 Kick only FX going this past weekend.

DILLIGAFRI
12-19-2006, 22:18
Jeff I'm asking $8000 for the FLT. Will send pics if interested. Getting prices from a local rebuilder right now on a pump.

JeffsTowTruck
12-20-2006, 05:56
Thanks but I just noticed you have a FL-T and I'm kinda lookin but want a FL-H. The T has the fixed front fairing. I like the fairing that moves with the frt. forks.

DILLIGAFRI
12-20-2006, 09:01
Should post a pic. I hated the fairing and have a Road King nose on it with the windshield. Still have the fairing for the lucky buyer if he wants it
Dave