PDA

View Full Version : code 99 Pedal pos 2 5v error??? & 4WD :"ON"

ff43sc
01-10-2004, 11:08
I had posted earlier msg about truck shifting quick and higher rpm at highway speeds...today got a actron scantool for my 95 6.5L, came up with a code 99 pedal pos 2 error 5v....i drove the truck about 20 minutes with no recurring codes....watching all the data driving, the TCC doesn't lockup and and tcc solenoid shows OFF..another abnormality which i had mentioned before is 4WD shows ON with this scanner also, but the truck is in 2WD...could this be a simple switch (connected to the transfer case lever) that engages when i shift to 4Wd high, that is stuck engaged telling computer the truck is in 4wd all the time???
also i have already replaced the APP so I would think any pedal position error (most likely) would have to be in the wiring harness..any more info would be appreciated, thanks...
95 K2500, L65, 4l80e...

moose1
01-10-2004, 12:05
WHY DID YOU REPLACE THE APP?

ff43sc
01-10-2004, 12:40
truck was shifting quickly and acted like tcc wasn't locking...i took it to tranny shop and they were getting "bad data" from app circuit so advised me app may be bad...*when i had IP replaced in february, mechanic had mentioned getting bad data then also from app....so i figured it was worth a try to see if it was the main problem...