PDA

View Full Version : 38 Yrs, 1 Week and 3 days...

MaxACL
12-19-2006, 12:00
The worlds most feared Air Force has sent me to pasture. I'll miss it like an infected scrotum.

On another sublect... If I understand right, I can put TranSynd ATF in my ZF-6?

Keep the wings level and the greasie side down:)

Mike

Colorado Kid
12-19-2006, 15:13
Congratulations and Thanks.

I think that's what already in the gearbox.

I always (and I mean every time I left the house) heard it "Keep the shiny side up." Occasionally dad would change it up with "Keep the dirty side down."

The only thing he said more often was "You're leaving here with a good name. Bring it back in the same condition."

mark45678
01-05-2007, 22:04
Congratulations and Thanks.

I think that's what already in the gearbox.

I always (and I mean every time I left the house) heard it "Keep the shiny side up." Occasionally dad would change it up with "Keep the dirty side down."

The only thing he said more often was "You're leaving here with a good name. Bring it back in the same condition."

Mike thank you for your years of service , My dad is a old air force guy that used to fly out of Otis on a Connie ....

I would put redline or mobile one in your zf , the transyn is semi synthetic oil made by castrol. Its good oil but in my opinion there are many others better for your high shear application in a manual trans. Redline oils sell a ATF oil thats 100% syn not a blend that has extra protection for you guys that row your own.

http://www.myoilshop.com/

D4-ATF is what you wnat to use!

MaxACL
01-06-2007, 20:00
Colorado Kid,
The fact that you remember the wise words from your dad shows he had a good impact on your upbringing. Was he a flier?

Mark,
I had Mobil 1 ATF put in when the clutch was replaced. I never see Redline. Is it one of them things kept under the counter?

I remember the Connies.. big three tails on one airplane. That was the plane that revolutionized PanAm and the commercial arena. On the down side, I watched one crash at DaNang AB in 1970ish.

I Wished I could have had more experience on the old recepts. As it turned out the turbo props got 16 years of my career. Wouldn't trade a minute of it.

Mike

mark45678
01-10-2007, 17:16
. I never see Redline. Is it one of them things kept under the counter?

I remember the Connies.. big three tails on one airplane. That was the plane that revolutionized PanAm and the commercial arena. On the down side, I watched one crash at DaNang AB in 1970ish.

I would go to redline MTL if it was my choice , but mobile 1 is good oil also.

Mike you right on the money on the Connies , my dad got out when the planes where at the end of there service life in the late 60's . It was " normal to fly home on 3 engine" after putting out a fire on one of them and limping home. 90% of his flight time was 350 miles off the east coast flying north and south watching for bogies or war ships. the Connie was nothing more then radar plane.