PDA

View Full Version : just got this e-mail from GM

rmnkys
12-19-2006, 17:04
Yes, I too was asking about a future suburban/Yukon diesel and this is what I got back from GM. Thought it might bring a glimmer of hope?!?

Dear Mr. Smith,

Thank you for contacting GMC and your interest in the 2007 GMC Yukon.
We appreciate the time you have taken to write us.

There has been no announcement regarding offering a diesel option for
the Yukon. GM expects to grow its capacity to manufacture more of the 6.6 Duramax engines so that by the model year 2008, the Chevrolet Suburban will be selected to feature this optional engine. The 2007 Yukon now has the Vortec 5.3L V8 SFI FlexFuel engine with Active Fuel Management, capable of running on unleaded or up to 85% ethanol (320 @ 5200 rpm, 340 lb-ft of torque @ 4200 rpm) with an iron block. We apologize for any inconvenience.

We appreciate your business and will forward your suggestion for
consideration for future models.

To obtain additional information and updates, as they are available,
and to locate a dealer, you may visit www.gmc.com. This would also be a
great time to schedule a test drive!

At GMC, we strive to provide outstanding customer service. If we can
be of any further assistance, please email us or call 1-888-988-7267
between the hours of 8 am to 11 pm Eastern Time seven days a week. Thank
you for contacting GMC!

Sincerely,

The GMC Marketing Team
http://www.gmc.com/

ogrice
01-02-2007, 04:11
Sales for GM products have been on the decline and the reason why is the e-mail sent in the original message. GM truly doesn't believe that is any real money to be made by making a move to expand their current diesel vehicle lineup. 3/4 ton model and up pickups only. Obviously the marketing team is trapped thinking inside the box. This way of thinking is going to cost them billions in sales and thousands of present and prospective customers.

JeepSJ
01-03-2007, 11:00
Yes, it seems that no one sees a market for a lighter-duty diesel, such as in the 1/2 ton or SUV market. I think Dodge could do well by stuffing the latest generation 4bt into their 1/2 ton trucks. We keep hearing rumors that Ford is going to offer a 6cyl version of the PS in their 1/2 ton, but nothing ever seems to come from that. If GM were to stuff a V6 Dmax, or even a detuned version of the current engine into the Tahoe, I'd be first in line for one.

More Power
01-03-2007, 15:45
Industry people have told me that the diesel engine option cost and the current price differential that exists between gas/diesel fuel are the two biggest reasons why more GM vehicles aren't available with a diesel... :(

Meeting the 2007 emissions used to be among those reasons, but it's slipped further down in the top ten. Gas fuel economy has also increased somewhat, which offsets the diesel advantage. As a whole, there's not the incentive we think there ought to be to offer more diesel equipped vehicles. DMAX has more capacity...

Jim

Dakster
01-22-2007, 15:29
IMHO, Not only should automakers make diesel in option in their 1/2 ton line up (Tahoe and 1500 sierra's) they should also make them an option in their bread and butter cars (impala, aveo, mailbu, envoy, to name a few from chevy) Only then can the real demand from the US citizen be measured.

Also, why can VW make a TDI (soon to be a CRD) option for approx. $200 whilst our counterparts (Ford, Chevy, Dodge) have to charge close to $10k for it.... I know that some of it is how many they make and that a heavy duty truck engine has to be made different than a light duty vehicle...

If Honda, Toyota, Nissan, and VW all make diesel options that are only $1000 more than their gas counterparts and they get 50 mpg, the domestic car manufacturer better look out or face losing millions, if not billions.

As it is, I get WAIT for the diesel cherokee to be released for the wife... But what other choice do I have for a diesel SUV? The discountinued Liberty or Excursion?

See you guys in line when the Diesel Suburban is out... Ill trade mine in today for one...