PDA

View Full Version : Newbie Intro

muddy692
12-20-2006, 18:01
Hey all and Merry Christmas/ Happy New Year.
Have owned my 07 GMC Sierra classic CC LBZ for a couple of months and need to say hello as I am going to be visiting here often.
My Dad had the 6.2 liter-what a hunk o junk. I had the 6.5 liter in the eary 90s. It was better. But holy ---- this thing's amazing. It replaced my identical 2001 but it had the 6.0 gasser. Now I have the amazing Duramax LBZ, including tap shifter, steering wheel buttons, same sweet leather interior, and the DVD player for the back seat. I think the turning radius is better too.

I have to say I'm very happy I purchased the 07 classic before the new models are all you can get. It's going to take a few years for me to get used to the new style and it seemed like time to get a Duramax before it's altered for the real 07s.

This truck, like the last, will be heading for the mountains or the boat ramp. Studded, siped tires in the Oregon winter.

I'll be asking some questions in separate threads so...

Thanks for the great forum,
Muddy

Tough Guy
12-20-2006, 19:40
Welcome!

It sounds like you have a sweet truck!

Chris

More Power
12-27-2006, 13:28
Yes, welcome to the BB!

I had a discussion with a relative over the weekend who also recently bought a new diesel truck (nope... it's a Dodge). I asked him if he'd considered going back to a gas engine. He replied "No Way!, even with the price premium on diesel fuel". He preferred the torque advantage the diesel engines offered - both for towing and general driving.

His is a pretty commonly held opinion. Once you get used to the torque band of a diesel, it's hard to go back.... :)

Jim