PDA

View Full Version : Gooseneck Rear Axle weight

cowboywildbill
12-22-2006, 06:06
I put our 3500 C/C Dually on the scale. The rear axle weight with the trailer hooked up is 7,8860 lbs. The door sticker say's 8200 lbs. for the rear axle.
The pin weight of the trailer is a tad over 4,000 lbs. The truck sits level when hooked up and handles and pulls great, although I can hear some spring or other squeaking/creaking when I hit a hard bump or take a tight twisting uneven turn. I guess that is normal. Any thing extra I should do ?
DOT say's that as long as the rear axle weight is within limits, they aren't concerned with the vehicle's manufacturers recomended max 3500 lb max pin weight. Any idea's or any one else have a situation like this? Thanks.

cowboywildbill
12-24-2006, 18:36
I meant to say the truck rear axle weight with the gooseneck attached and not the gooseneck rear axle weight. I wasn't thinking. Sorry.
Any way " EVERYONE HAVE A MERRY CHRISTMAS"

a5150nut
12-25-2006, 22:59
Ex Bareback/Bull Rider/Roper* Now a Rodeo pick up rider. Living on a small Ranch at foothills of the Catocitin Mountains in Md.

Spains everything about the short between the keyboard and the brain! Hope your Christmas was Merry and have a Happy New Year!!

cowboywildbill
12-26-2006, 04:20
Merry Christmas to you.
If I knew I was going to live this long, I would have taken better care of myself. "Ha Ha"