PDA

View Full Version : 2500 GMC tranny will studder randomly

xtrempickup
12-25-2006, 20:53
I dunno if this is in the right place, but this is the only place I saw anything about Transmissions. My truck is a 95 2500 GMC Sierra 4x4 ext cab 6ft bed with a 6.5L turbo and a automatic transmission. I bought the truck with 148K miles and had it trans serviced within a week because it would studder under load randomly. The trans place said the fluid was burnt up and the trans flush and filter might not help it. 152K miles later, it helped a little, but it still does this randomly. It studders, usually accelerating around 35mph I'm guessing trans shifting 2-3rd gear. It will do it on the highway under load above 40 mph sometimes. I was told these trucks had poor torque convertors and that this might be the problem, the convertor might not be holding right anymores. From personal experiences, can anybody tell me what they think might be the problem and what I should do. This doesnt happen everyday, keep that in mind, It will drive great for days sometimes and it wont act up at all, sort like the fact it shuts off on my randomly sometimes that I havent figured out the cause of yet either.

jbplock
12-27-2006, 08:34
xtrempickup,

Try posting your question in the 6.5 Turbo Diesel Forum (http://www.thedieselpageforums.com/tdpforum/forumdisplay.php?f=7) .. many folks there who know the 6.5TD & 4L80 Tranny .. most here are driving 01-07 2500/3500HD's with the Duramax/Allison.

:)