PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone running Edge Evolution-LBZ 06 Max Yet

colt49
12-26-2006, 12:53
I was trying to find this websites take on the new Edge Evo. I hope this is where that is done. I was just trying to see if it did a nice job for experienced guys who have ran custom tunes/not stock and also looking for insight on the situation of Edge product problems I read of other places too. Kennedy has a lot of time on this product line I guess and hears about most good and bad results so does others that are in the tech realm etc. the high traffic info lanes for customers of Edge etc. is my point. I sure get alot of great info here looking at all the topics it sure gives a Duramax owner knowledge from so many other guys and their situations. Thanks for your input.

Kennedy
12-28-2006, 19:18
I had to beg and beg and beg for the LBZ Juice Beta so I doubt I'll see the Evolution I'll have my LBZ here possibly as early as Saturday hint hint hint...

Mark Craig
12-29-2006, 07:22
colt49,

We have sent out approx 30 of them and so far the customer feedback has been great. Currently it is available for the 2006/07 LLY/LBZ only. The Evo for the 6.0 Ford has also been well recieved. If you have any questions just call.

Mark @ DPPI

mark45678
12-30-2006, 19:53
Im still in a holding pattern for a JK live EFI custon tune...... I have had edge products in my last 2 truck both had small issues I didnt like but both had very good power down low and midrange with you need it . most handheld programers make power way to high in the rpm range for real world uses....

JK keep me in mind if you need a eastcoast beta tester for your LBZ project.

Kennedy
12-30-2006, 21:52
Just picked up my test subject today...

mark45678
12-31-2006, 16:41
the lbz is by far the best running duramax to date. I am sure the faster ecm is the diffearance. I am looking for a little better performance under 1800 rpm for pulling , it lays down really quick once your under that window. Yes I could kick it back a gear and use 5th but it will pull most 3% grades with it in 6 th and med size loads, ed is the key if your close to 70 mph your fine at 65 your whiping a dead horse in 6th gear.

Like i stated I am very interested in your econo/tow tune. keep me posted even for a retail deal..... Would it be poss to defeat the EGR and run slightly higher boost with your aftermarket tune? I have a mass/cali emission truck. currently have a cat back 4" and would like to ditch the soot trap.

colt49
01-02-2007, 15:08
My truck is reg. cab long box 1 ton. 4" Flow Pro Exhaust with cat on. 5k miles and getting excellent MPG with stock ECM. Will the Allison need to be horsed up to the Suncoast specs like McRat runs? He says the stock tranny is tough but so close when putting extra power in. These LBZ trucks of 06 production is the one to grab before the new DPF etc. for my needs. The stock power output on mine is outstanding and include the Allison performance you can get towing heavy sure is a great teamed package. The SRW gives me just the right truck for my needs when towing or liveable to drive when empty. I intend to put airbags in the back and Bilsteins too. I use a gooseneck horse trailer with BW setup. This gives me the truck bed to haul extra things since I don't loose space to the fifth wheel. This is just our needs. I need to focus back to Edge Evo- Kennedy and McRat are still putting out their opinions on this power pack I might use if they say it looks good with their tranny upgrades if any. My use runs on the borderline towing hard when we get into the mountains-Colorado/Wyoming. I want the power package with the safety alarms on the critical parameters so it will detect trouble from the ECM signals and lower the alert signal to safe timing, fueling, etc. so the Attitude monitor is better than gauges for me because it monitors more items compared to 2-3-4 gauges. I will wait for Kennedy now since he has that LBZ because he will knock out some numbers now with EFI and other power adds as he gets them. Just a matter of time now. Thanks guys for your input on what's on the market for the LBZ mods.

Kennedy
01-02-2007, 20:50
To be honest, I've never even seen the product release info on the Evolution for LBZ. I heard rumor about it in beta but that is it. I got my beta J/A about a week after they were released to the public :rolleyes: and it's been out with a local customer trouble free for several weeks now. I guess I'll be getting it back from him for testing soon.

I hope to get the LBZ on the dyno soon. They sure run nice even with stock tuning. As for the Kennedy Custom tuning, it should be interesting as more tables become available. Tuning is going to be quite interesting compared to previous models...

colt49
01-03-2007, 16:47
Kennedy or McRat- Could you please indicate what you opinion on transmission kit components you use/recommend for an LBZ tow mode for 20k gooseneck 4 horse slant with LQ slider,water tank, tack, stock, feed on board. Aluminum saves so much weight over steel for trailer load out. The Allison should still cool and operate with the Suncoast kit McRat runs for his hammer time I guess. I question the fatigue factor on fluid Dextron 3 for hard mountain 6-9% pulls for a constant stress point for the Allison operation temps will be in upper limits of Dex viscosity performance at times. Runtime after these setups are made is the only answer to real world limits. At least the Evo has the diagnostic feature so all the critical parameters can be analyzed and alarm points set for shiftpoints and Dex temp. The other matter is that cross member support on the trans. tailshaft Kennedy has. Does one assist in the overall improved trans. support in heavy haul situations as described. These are my points of question for Allison matters on Evo useage. I believe other members pull heavy class similar to this situation and more from reading the Tow threads. I believe this load is all we will put to our truck for our mountain circuit travels. Thanks if you can input on this matter.