PDA

View Full Version : Troll Requests Feeback - Let's Reply

Idle_Chatter
12-29-2006, 18:18
For those of you aware of our favorite demented Troll, Mr. Jim Benyoung previously of Aye One Customs - he has been at his demented finest and some of us have been goading and poking him as he's been trying his old tricks over at www.scam.com in the Internet scams.

He recently posted this "appeal" for information:

For others who find this thread that were SCAMMED by KennedyDiesel.com,SsDieselSupply.com, HeathDiesel.com
BD-power.com, Nicktane.com or mislead by information at
TheDieselPage.com, DieselPlace.com DieselDoctor.com
Gm-Diesel.com or other diesel product sites or diesel related forums, email me at GmDieselTech@Yahoo.com

Now, since he's openly solicited input, I think he deserves some. Please take a minute and send him an email if you are SATISFIED with any and all of the sites and merchants listed.

Don't be rude, don't call him names, just politely say that you wish to inform him that you have gotten great service from XXX, or you are very satisfied with products from XXX or you have gotten great information from web community XXX.

I think a few thousand positive and polite emails from satisfied customers won't ever change his demented paranoid ways - but I'm sure it WILL drive him NUTS and maybe he'll finally pop a gasket and go away. Worth a thought and moment of your time if you are willing.

Thanks.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
12-29-2006, 19:04
More than happy to. Can I send a reply for every time I have dealt with one of these business?
:cool:

Idle_Chatter
12-30-2006, 00:37
Here's what I just sent him, feel free to cut and paste!

Re: Your Request for Information

GMDieselTech, you recently requested on www.Scam.com feedback on KennedyDiesel.com, SsDieselSupply.com, HeathDiesel.com BD-power.com, Nicktane.com, The Dieselpage.com, Diesel Place.com DieselDoctor.com, Gm-Diesel.com or other diesel product sites or diesel related forums.

Although not directly involved with many of the entities you listed, I wish to inform you that I have had successful and satisfying experiences with all of the following:

KennedyDiesel.com, Nicktane.com, The Dieselpage.com and Diesel place.com

I have no reason to think that any of the others I have not dealt with directly are anything less than honest and credible vendors and sites.

I hope this information is valuable in your reasearch.

Happy Motoring.

More Power
12-30-2006, 14:34
I agree...

Some random thoughts... I don't see how any "successful" web site or vendor could operate over several/many years if it didn't fill a need and worked for the greater good.

I've been asked many times through the years by diesel product manufacturers why we didn't sell aftermarket parts, engines, and even trucks. Truth is I've been offered franchises and dealer status, and could sell parts. We don't really "need" advertisers, but I made the decision long ago to focus on information. The concept for the FSD cooler, 6.5 EFI boost control, fuel control, and countless other "ideas" were published and talked about here first. We've encouraged individuals and vendors to produce them.

A1 was offered an opportunity to become an advertiser in late 2000. Only after his threatening other vendors/advertisers with legal action for producing products that WE published long before did the situation become untenable. Perhaps I should post some of those legal threats he sent to Bill Heath, John Kennedy and others in 2000 & 2001 over boost control, fuel control and extension harnesses.

The irony is that A1 then accused me of discouraging competition. :(

Then there's the hateful email campaign he embarked on using all of the email addresses he had accumulated through his interaction here. Perhaps I should post some examples of those emails.

So yes, go to the scam web site, and voice your opinion.

Jim

Idle_Chatter
12-30-2006, 15:12
I hope you don't mind, Jim, but I sent our little Troll some Holiday Wishes on your behalf:

Well, it being near the end of the Holiday Season, and only hours away from a New Year, I thought I would take it upon myself to make some special Holiday Wishes to you, Dear James.

I know they are too busy, having so much to do with running the forum and continuing to push forward with diesel innovation, but I

trbankii
12-30-2006, 21:26
I missed out on all the fun years ago, but have become familiar with the situation as it has played out since then. Just have to say that your "Happy Holidays" letter to the doofus is great!

JeepSJ
12-30-2006, 23:42
Mine was simple and to the point...

Jim,

I am sending this in response to your request for feedback for several diesel related vendors and websites. I have had personal dealings with Heath Diesel, Kennedy Diesel, BD Power, and SS Diesel supply and have had nothing but excellent service from each of them. I have found them all to be extremely knowledgeable, and their customer service is first rate.

I also am a paying member at TheDieselPage.com and find their members and articles to be first-rate. I would not have made it through my diesel engine conversion without the help of the above named vendors, and the members over at thedieselpage.

I hope this helps you in your endeavors.

Mark

Dvldog8793
12-31-2006, 08:27
Posted this...
L8r
Conley

Howdy
I am a 6.5 GM diesel owner and have had dealings with Heath, JK, and BD. Also I am a paying and published member of Thedieselpage. I have had NOTHING but positive experiences with everyone encountered at any of these businesses. Both Bill Heath and John Kennedy have proven to be consummate customer driven professionals. Jim Bigley and his website have also proven to be an outstanding asset for myself and many friends. I have been driving and working on GM diesels for 21 years and have been a member of TDP for 6 years and been dealing with GM,JK, Heath, BD and TDP for at least 5 years and spent many $$$ on my truck with 100% satisfaction (exception would be a broken block, but GM helped with that)
The world is an IMPERFECT place, I would think that IF you were scammed by any ONE of the listed businesses that it was a fluke and unintentional. Just my .02

Thanks for allowing input about these great businesses.
Conley Janssen
USMC 87-93

Hubert
12-31-2006, 09:52
clipped

Then there's the hateful email campaign he embarked on using all of the email addresses he had accumulated through his interaction here. Perhaps I should post some examples of those emails.

So yes, go to the scam web site, and voice your opinion.

Jim

I've seen various threads and posts slamming this guy and followed a few links and think I have read some mis-imformation posts by him. I'd suggest just staying on forum interaction with him and only use a junk email account to correspond with him. No telling what he does with collected email addresses. Just try and help people find the better forums thats the best way to run this guy in the ground. You can't argue with someone not logical and willing to acknowledge the truth.

moondoggie
01-01-2007, 11:48
Good Day!

"I'd suggest just staying on forum interaction with him and only use a junk email account to correspond with him. No telling what he does with collected email addresses." As I'm almost completely computer AND Internet illiterate, I'd be concerned about using my email address, as described. I'm not sure what a "junk email" account is, but it sounds like this would be the best way to respond to such, at least if there's no way to be absolutely sure your email address won't wind up on a list allowing someone (him?) to load you up with junk emails and/or whatever other nefarious awful stuff folks like that can come up with.

Blessings!

DmaxMaverick
01-01-2007, 13:26
You can set up a free junk email acount through Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. (AKA: disposable email account). Once the account gets spammed, you can just abandon it.

More Power
01-01-2007, 16:49
at least if there's no way to be absolutely sure your email address won't wind up on a list allowing someone (him?) to load you up with junk emails and/or whatever other nefarious awful stuff folks like that can come up with.

I know what you mean. Since this problem began, my email address has been registered for just about every mailing list and service on the net. I do have a pretty effective spam blocker though.... :)

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-04-2007, 19:35
Got a "reply" from someone named Dave? :D

Obviosly you got it all wrong, and are the victim of some misinformation as I to whom I am.....

I'm glad to hear you did not get the defective air cleaner intake form Walt and end up with a ruined engine! if you did we'd likley not be having this conversation as you'd likely be on the SsDieselSupply.com COMPLAINT list.....

Do NOT expect that new BBB rating to last long for WALT, the list of complaints is growing.....

Regards, David

:p I thought that the guy gathering complaints on the Scam site had a different name.:cool:

JeepSJ
01-04-2007, 23:26
You got a "nice" reply from him. Mine was not quite so friendly, and actually quite slanderous towards about our own Jim Bigley. Since it it written, I guess that would really be libel.

Since his email has a little disclaimer that everything sent from his address is copyrighted, I give full credit to the author, Dave Hansen, for the following passage...

wonder why you would not feel scammed to learn IF you
PAID for a membership to TheDieselPage.com and were
PAYING to read ADVERTISEMENTS disguised as "feature
articles" or "product reviews" PAID for by the SELLER
of the said products because of advertising
comminments required and/or free products to Bigly and
the authors required by Bigly for his personal gain
from both sides at the expense of the members? It is
NOT a fair and honest non-biased information source as
he wants people to think...

and what about Bigley keeping out vendors of better
products because they would not submit to his
extorsions?

You likley missed out on MUCH BETTER products,
bargains, info and help because of Jim Bigley's GREED!
and dishonesty!

Think about it!

Let me know what you bought form each vendor, what you
paid and how lon goyu have had the products on your
vehicle...

Happy Motoring-David
GmDieselTech

Administrator of Yahoo Autos Groups
Chevy Gmc Diesels
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/chevygmcdiesels/

all email sent from this email address is COPYRIGHTED
COPYRIGHT GmDieselTech@Yahoo.com 1997, 2005

Idle_Chatter
01-05-2007, 10:39
David Hansen is an alias that he has been using for the last year or so. I believe he "borrowed" that name from the San Diego professional baseball player. He got so much heat under is real name - James Edward Benyoung that he decided to "become" someone else entirely. He's using "David" and his screen name of GMDieselTech to run his little free Yahoo Group. He claims to "not sell anything" and "not be A1 Customs" and talks about "A1" in the third party (really psycho this guy!). He WILL NOT respond to any questions in any way about "Jim Benyoung" other than to say "I'm DAVID!" He also claims as "David" that he is a GM/ASE Certified Diesel Technician, but has backed off of that after being bombarded with demands to prove it and searches of ASE registries have no David Hansen.

A1 Customs originated from Jim Benyoungs "business" at Island Automotive Enterprises, Inc in City of Venice, FL. He had a building and a carwash there, it was sold in 2005 and he's moved to California. Any A1 products are produced and sold in CA now, there is no business registered. He uses a free Bizweb hosting site to promote A1 products and is operating out of a "Mail Call" postal drop in a strip mall. He does not honor credit cards or checks, only accepts Paypal and money orders. Has no real business name, address, phone, fax or email.

Avoid this psycho.

DmaxMaverick
01-05-2007, 12:17
......Since his email has a little disclaimer that everything sent from his address is copyrighted, I give full credit to the author, Dave Hansen, for the following passage...

I find this interesting (among other things) about his copyright warning. By default, all original content, be it printed or electronic, is copyrighted by the author. No registration process or tag is required. Also, a copyright can't be held by an email address. They are only valid if held by a person (with a real name), or a legal entity, like a business name. I think he lists it like this because he doesn't want to use his real name, and has no legal business/LLC to use. His use of the " all email sent from this email address is COPYRIGHTED
COPYRIGHT GmDieselTech@Yahoo.com 1997, 2005" statement automatically disqualifies his content as being copyrighted because it excludes a qualifying copyright holder, and only during those years, also because it is exclusive. Copyright law is very simple and will blanket cover your content, unless you state inclusions w/o a general statement. If he owned Yahoo, it would be different, but that is obviously not the case.

In this case, with his copyright statement, he essentially makes everything he publishes with that tag public domain.

More Power
01-05-2007, 13:55
He has no patents, no patent applications, no phone number, no physical address, no business license, no company name, no real web site operation using his own domain, and no support from anyone other than his alias "friends". And, as a result, he has no credibility....

If I were greedy, I would have stolen the ideas for various products, then produced and sold my own driver module cooler, extension harnesses, boost control and fuel control. Instead, we simply put those ideas out there for everyone to benefit from, make their own, sell or whatever.

If I were greedy, I'd sell 6.5 & Duramax performance products, exhaust systems, 6.5 intercoolers, 6.5 engines, and literally everything else..... and not allow any other vendors to advertise and/or participate here. Instead, we have an open door policy for any and all decent vendors - and TDP doesn't sell any product used on any diesel pickup. ;)

Jim

baker2acre
01-05-2007, 14:08
I just spent ... I don't know the last 6hrs. reading what seemed like the same two sentences over and over on he "Scam" site....

GMDieselQuack- "blah, blah, blah....aliens in my field... probbing...":eek:

Every One Else- "Shutup... don't go away mad, just go away... it's not you it's me - I hate U...":mad:

I think he's a bit peaved becasue he can't use DMaxMavrick's rock'n name :cool: ... maybe he should use the name "Goose"... because no matter how many times I watch the movie he always gets shot down and never gets the girl!!!

His syntax is very much unmistakable... I feel like I've seen it some where before... oh, I know. I get at least 15 every morning saying... "Big pills long love after time, again." I bet if actually opened it, instead of the immediate trashing, it would read "Scam, scam, troll,scam,troll....etc."

I wander if he's ever used the "alias" Dan Rather. "What do you mean you made it all up?"

Sorry Dan... You were always my Fav..

~Disclaimer Henceforth... here, here~
Do not sue me. I am not JohnC. And you'll lose, Goose-sauce.

baker2acre
01-05-2007, 14:47
On a more serious note.... my hat's off to you guys here at "the page." To do this is a great service to all and I'm an admirer. To refer to this site as a cash-pot or the likes is without common sence. It's easy to say there's money in the pocket with out actually seeing the bank account. And as far as the Reviews and such being promotional or not, I say Who Cares!!! As long as it, to quote Robyn, keeps my "diesel rat" run'n with out take'n it to the shop or a cliff... I'm all for it!! As of this posting, I'm a non-paying "scammer," but the value of the free information I have already recieved will far outway the cost to upgrade my status... and that's on the books for '07. Stick that in you're Lawn-Gnome and smoke it! I will gladly recommend this site and the people on it.

Thanks! to Jim on down!

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-05-2007, 14:55
Obviously I have been mistaken for Walt.
"Hi Walt Latacki,
obviously your an idiot...
as for the class action Walt, you will see. :D:D:D
Is this guy actually phsyco?
It will be interesting to see how he intends to name me Walt Latacki and sue me as a Canadian citizen.:D
Has anyone actually seen anything of a lawsuit?
Or is this another one of his "threats.":eek:

baker2acre
01-05-2007, 15:08
Hey.... I just "Googled" our budy "Mr. Benyoung" and the prompt says... " Did you mean Bunyan?" That's hillarious!!! Even Google knows him!!!:D Haaahaahaha!!! Cramps!!!:eek:

dmaxalliTech
01-05-2007, 19:55
Maybe I should threaten him with using my registered domain name in vain.

When I purchased the gmdieseltech domain name for myself back in 2003, I was getting all sorts of legal threats from him and his 'lawyers'. I guess he gave up on me.

Idle_Chatter
01-05-2007, 21:02
He's a pretty harmless psycho, and no real threat to any of the businesses and sites that he defames, but it just rubs me the wrong way that he's trying to get away with defaming so many good people and vendors. I'm not a psycho like Jimbo, but I AM obsessive compulsive (in the GOOD way) and I really like pokin't that piggy with an internet stick and watching him squeal. I just recently thanked him for being such an entertaining and reliable dancing and screaming monkey (with a call for him to "Dance Monkey, Dance!")

I'm troubled that I find it so amusing. Am I bad?

JeepSJ
01-06-2007, 03:10
Obviously I have been mistaken for Walt.
"Hi Walt Latacki,
obviously your an idiot...
as for the class action Walt, you will see. :D:D:D
Is this guy actually phsyco?
It will be interesting to see how he intends to name me Walt Latacki and sue me as a Canadian citizen.:D
Has anyone actually seen anything of a lawsuit?
Or is this another one of his "threats.":eek:

I got mistaken for two people. Found this in my inbox from him today -

Mr. Bigley and Kennedy,

I'll be glad to see the looks on you scammers faces
finally when the class action comes around...

I feel honored that someone would think that I am the two of them combined!

Time to report his address as a spammer.

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-06-2007, 09:21
Yea, I would say this guy has a couple screws loose in the old engine.:D
I waiting to hear his reply to my last e-mail. (Can't wait):rolleyes:

baker2acre
01-08-2007, 08:24
Guys... I'm a wee bit confused. What has this guys bush so shakin? I understand the fun policy for keeping Idle_Chatter in hot pursuit :D ... but his solid devotion is impressive. His business can't be that important!!! I mean sure there's a couple of the un-educated out there... but at least 75% of those 7 people have enough common sense to not do business with a "none-business", right?? I mean at least in the local classifieds there's a contact #!!! Plus, the heart burn this community (gm diesel, etc.) must give him would surely drive me to try and pedel my wears to the Fiat group or the NRA or Al Qieda or something!! What keeps him hanging around?? Hasn't it been like 6yrs??? In that time frame he could have gone to the local community college and gotten a legit degree to become a true "techi." ..... or least read the "Cliff's Notes" - The Law for Idiots.

A short story... A guy bought a MB Diesel, probably a 300D, from the local dealer here in DE, well apparently the thing went all to pieces and the dealer's warranty wouldn't cover it. (not sure of details) Anyhow, the quack & dealer argued and blah, blah, blah... so the guy buys property accross the street from the dealer and mounts his 300D as a "sign" with the word "LEMON" painted on it real big!! A Mercedes!!! Not a yugo!! :eek: He was on the local news... in the paper... The Dealer offers to "settle" but the guy says to get stuffed and leaves his little "business" across the street.... FOR YEARS!!! And to supplement his habit he starts selling used cars and now has construction equipment out there!!! Like big excavators and such... many thousands $$ of overhead!!! I never, ever see any customers so he can't be profitting... Mean while, the Dealer's still kick'n butt and has actually GROWN! :rolleyes:

What the heck?? What's driving these people!!:confused:

Dan Hunter
01-08-2007, 20:14
uhm...fun?

Dan Hunter
01-08-2007, 20:14
No....justice! That's it, justice...and fun.

Idle_Chatter
01-08-2007, 22:58
I think we may have him cornered now! This is my last post in all 4 ongoing threads over in Scam.com. If he tries to weasel out of this, I'm gonna GUT HIM OVER THERE! I'll post this challenge more often and in more places than he has ever posted a Diesel Page slam and will not stop! (Because I know he will NOT come out of the shadows - he couldn't even if he was sane!):

Now, now, folks! Let's just take it down a notch because it's ALL OVER!!

We no longer need to harp and jibe and exchange childish insults and accusations!

Dave (GMDieselTroll) Hansen is going to bring A1 Customs to the $1000.00 dyno challenge and put and end to this ONCE AND FOR ALL!!

This is just the chance he has been proclaiming for so long and so loudly on all these diesel forums and web pages to PROVE the SUPERIORITY, PERFORMANCE and POWER of the ONE the ONLY real diesel products that ECLIPSE all others sold by scam sites and scammers off scam diesel forums!!!

Dave Hansen will show up (with ID and PROOF of his ASE Certification as a diesel technician) and BRING A1 CUSTOMS with his GREAT products to be DEMONSTRATED for the WORLD once and for all the undisputed superiority and incredible value that they provide.

It will be a blind dyno run under controlled and documented conditions which will once and for all allow GMDieselTroll and A1 Customs to silence all these scamming, lying, disreputible Trolls that have been unmercifully harrassing them and their superior products.

Who would not accept that opportunity to ONCE AND FOR ALL put ALL OF THIS TO REST!!!!

You will BE THERE, right JimDave?

More Power
01-08-2007, 23:49
I'll be there. :D

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-08-2007, 23:55
Go for it, all the way, and shut him up......
Kick some major butt,
Ben Shonwise
(AKA..Canadian Country Boy, scam.com)

ronniejoe
01-09-2007, 06:17
I challenged him to something like this three or four years ago. I also challenged him to bring his truck to the Pull-Off. Needless to say he didn't respond.

baker2acre
01-09-2007, 08:24
You know he'll just claim that the dyno operator's a scammer troll being paid off by the dieselpage, kennedy, heath, the REAL gmdieseltech, ssdiesel, Martha Stewart, maybe evan the CIA!!! :rolleyes: It's a fantastic idea though, Idle-Chatter. I think it's a far better than the traditional mudslinging.

I heard a saying once that says, "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it!!" :p

Anyhow, getting back to the original topic at the begining of the thread... we have taken a stand of being a step above, being legit and legal, being honest and fair. I think sending him the "info" that he's asked for and doing it as if we were sending it to be published on "60 Minutes" is FANTASTIC!! and inviting him to represent (not just prove) himself is a show of fiber.

Well done!!:D

Idle_Chatter
01-10-2007, 05:49
You know he'll just claim that the dyno operator's a scammer troll being paid off by the dieselpage, kennedy, heath, the REAL gmdieseltech, ssdiesel, Martha Stewart, maybe evan the CIA!!! :rolleyes: It's a fantastic idea though, Idle-Chatter. I think it's a far better than the traditional mudslinging.

I heard a saying once that says, "Never wrestle with a pig. You both get dirty and the pig likes it!!" :p

Anyhow, getting back to the original topic at the begining of the thread... we have taken a stand of being a step above, being legit and legal, being honest and fair. I think sending him the "info" that he's asked for and doing it as if we were sending it to be published on "60 Minutes" is FANTASTIC!! and inviting him to represent (not just prove) himself is a show of fiber.

Well done!!:D

My favorite is by Will Rogers:

"Don't every try to teach a pig to whistle ... it just wastes your time ... and ANNOYS the pig!"

More Power
01-13-2007, 14:21
I'm planning to be in CA in a couple of months doing other diesel stuff anyway. So sure, I'll attend a dyno test, and I'll post the results on our site in the open area for a period of no less than 365 days.

Here are -

My conditions:

Condition 1: I want the true identity (i.e. real name & address) of GMDieselTech. He has my name, address & phone number. Seems fair that I have his. He will bring his valid state driver's license to this dyno test, which will be verified as valid by a representative of California's law enforcement.
Condition 2: No more conditions.

Jim Bigley

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-14-2007, 16:29
Jim have you been reading up on the threads over there at Scam.Com?
He probably will say that it isn't you or that it is your troll posting.
You will need better "proof" than a thread saying you will be there. Also the thread posted for Jimmy Ben Young to see is locked unless you are registered here. Could be a problem for him to see it.:D

Idle_Chatter
01-19-2007, 17:55
Well, for those that are interested, the forum is back up at www.scam.com and we are at full battle stations demanding he put up to the challenge and I've offered another $1000 cash but only to "David Hansen" ASE GM Certified Diesel Technician, (with ID and certificate) as he has been claiming to be in his most recent alias.

I have no fear he will show or collect the money!

I'd love to get an attorney in Valencia to take this on and post the certified funds in escrow as available for his pickup - if he was stupid enough to attempt to get it under false pretenses, the $2000 would make it a felony.

Idle_Chatter
01-26-2007, 10:24
New Plan! Feel free to read the deluded ranting of Steaksauce over on scam.com, but don't respond!

Private message to all who have been challenging him over there:

I think we just might have finally hit on the "ultimate solution" with our beloved GMDieselTroll!

How many diesel owners can he possibly affect over here? What kind of audience is he getting without our "cooperation?"

Like any Troll, he craves the feedback and opportunity to rant and rave and post the same old "blah blah blah" over and over and over!

Let's ignore this loser, let him simmer alone and ignored in the darkness like the pitiful little butt-pimple he really is!

6.5 Detroit Diesel
01-27-2007, 19:28
Have you seen his little replies now? He is probably sitting at home trying to figure what to do with his time now.:D Maybe we should send him some crayons and paper so he can scribble.............:cool: