PDA

View Full Version : Fuel Filter Replacement and FPPF

MaxACL
12-30-2006, 17:05
I have an add on fuel filter under my truck (Thanks to Greg L) and it's a Racor R60S. I've looked high and low and can not find any replacement filters, plus I'm on the road a lot. I did fine another brand at a Kenworth dealer and it's a cross-over to the R60S. The brand name is... "Liter Finer". And it was about $10 cheeper. It fits and it works. Anybody heard of this brand before? Tell me I did good!

Also, on another note, Stanadyne diesel supplement products are hard to find to. An injector shop sold me on FPPF.

Again... tell me I did good:)

Mike

jbplock
12-30-2006, 19:37
...Racor R60S. I've looked high and low and can not find any replacement filters, ... I did fine another brand .. name is... "Liter Finer". And it was about $10 cheeper. It fits and it works. Anybody heard of this brand before? Tell me I did good ...

Mike,

You did good .. :)

Is your replacement filter a Luber-Finer (http://www.luber-finer.com/)?? .. Luber-Finer is an excellent filter (made by OEM Champ who also makes Mobil-1 filters amoung others) .. The Racor R60S crosses to a Luber-Finer LFF8063 (http://www.e-webcatalog.com/champ/SCRIPTS/Vehiclefinder.exe?OURPART=LFF8063&APP=A). Since these filters come with various micron ratings, it might not hurt to send Luber-Finer an email and ask them to confirm the specs are the same as the Racor. IIRC the R60S is a 2 micron filter.

FPPF is good stuff too ... I've been using FPPF injector cleaner periodically along with a regular dose of Stanadyne Performance Formula and Lubricity Formula. Around here FPPF can be found in truck stops but I have to purchase the Stanadyne on-line (5 gal pail option).

Kennedy
12-30-2006, 20:58
FPPF Total Power is my preferred additive.

Mark Rinker
01-02-2007, 18:33
I have recently started using FPPF in every tankful - all trucks.

I had a couple of plugged injectors on my '94 and they have cleaned up and it has smoother cold starts after a couple of tanks. Early in the season I thought it was going to need injectors, now its back to normal.

Next some extra filtration is going on the Duramaxes, as they near the end of their 200K warranty and have new warrantied injectors.

TheJDMan
02-08-2007, 10:13
Does anyone know if "Flying J" carries the FPPF?

DmaxMaverick
02-08-2007, 10:37
Does anyone know if "Flying J" carries the FPPF?

I've never seen it stocked, and I've been to a bunch of the Hooks. Doesn't mean none of them do. The regularly stock Howes, Lucas and Power Service. I've seen others at different stores, but it doesn't appear to be at all stores. The local owners/managers may stock additional products according to customer requests, so you'll have to ask. The product information on their website is limited to services and fuel only.