PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Steering Wheel Switches Removal

cowboywildbill
12-31-2006, 18:48
Any one know how to take the volume control and DIC function switches apart on the steering wheels of an 06 ? I have a wood grain kit on my 06 and would like to swap the tops over the switches with the one's on our 07. We can't get the molded pieces off of the switch covers without messing them up. We tried a heat gun no luck. I am guessing the pieces snap apart, but I am afraid to pry on them until I know. Thanks

cowboywildbill
01-03-2007, 18:44
I managed to get the covers off with out destroying them. Thanks any way.

More Power
01-09-2007, 12:40
I don't have the GM service manuals for the newest trucks, which would contain the instructions for steering wheel switch(es) removal. Perhaps someone with the manuals can hit the highlights..... :) Or, if you were successful, maybe you can let us know how you did it....

Jim

cowboywildbill
01-10-2007, 18:37
Hi Jim, I didn't get the switch's out but I managed to pull my woodgrain steering wheel kit "covers" off from over top of the switches. They were stuck on with that 3M stuff. I was going to swap the whole switch assembly, because I didn't think I could salvage the kit, but I managed to get the 3M to let go without breaking the molded covers. Thanks.